[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting DEF vs. Starting QB/WR combo

Cosmo-J

I have the Bears DEF and the Romo-Owens combo... Which is great, but they square off in week 3 and chances are high that either the Cowboys or the Bears are going to get the better of this match up. If the Bears DEF does great, it kills me with Romo-Owens; and vice-versa. What have some of you done in the past with this situation?

Although Bears/Romo/Owens are must starts every week, picking up another DEF that week would allow me to avoid having one suck points from the other. I can possibly pick up CAR DEF vs ATL for week 3 - granted CAR has never done well against ATL, but minus Vick I would hope this would swing in CAR's favor... (and ATL's offense was horrific vs MIN...)

This solution makes the sense, but want to confirm this line of thinking... Or hear other opinions...

Thanks!

You really shouldn't let your starters in one position influence your decision on who to start in another position. Start the players/teams that you think are going to score the most points.

The Chicago defense is going to score the points its going to score - it's not going to suck anything from anyone. Its going to score the same amount of points whether you start Romo-Owens or not.

You said it yourself - the Bears are a must start every week.

I have the Bears DEF and the Romo-Owens combo... Which is great, but they square off in week 3 and chances are high that either the Cowboys or the Bears are going to get the better of this match up. If the Bears DEF does great, it kills me with Romo-Owens; and vice-versa. What have some of you done in the past with this situation?

Although Bears/Romo/Owens are must starts every week, picking up another DEF that week would allow me to avoid having one suck points from the other. I can possibly pick up CAR DEF vs ATL for week 3 - granted CAR has never done well against ATL, but minus Vick I would hope this would swing in CAR's favor... (and ATL's offense was horrific vs MIN...)

This solution makes the sense, but want to confirm this line of thinking... Or hear other opinions...

Thanks!

How does this make any sense whatsoever?

Do you think the Carolina Defense will outscore the Bears defense week 3? What would you drop for this one week defense? That is the only thing that matters, not the fact that the BEars play Dallas that week. That is totally irrelevant.

Your fantasy players have no affect on each other whatsoever. Not starting the Bears defense won't suddenly make Romo or Owens better or score you any more points unless the defense you pick up outscores the Bears defense.

So, you start the players you think will score the most points, you don't do silly things such as start a QB or WR because you are also starting the other end of the combo (you wouldn't bench a Manning or Palmer for Romo just cause you have Owens as your starter at WR, so, the combo is really a meaningless part of the equation)