[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Bulger?

tosberg34

I have an owner in my league that is interested in Marc Bulger. I already have Jay Cutler and Matt Schaub and i was wondering now that since Orlando Pace is out for the season, is Bulger less of a QB (FF-wise) than Cutler? If so, should I try and trade Bulger and use Cutler as my starter and Schaub as the backup? Of course, I wouldn't just give Bulger away but if the trade was right I just might do it.

So I guess I would like to know what you all think about Bulger now as a starting FF QB. TIA!

Like I said, if the trade was right --> and let's say it is. Do you think Cutler is good enough as a FF starting QB?

Only if the upgrade you get at another position in return for Bulger will make up the difference in the fantasy points dropoff between Bulger & Cutler.

Only if the upgrade you get at another position in return for Bulger will make up the difference in the fantasy points dropoff between Bulger & Cutler.

Yes he is worthy of starting for a FF team but like TS said it depends if you upgrade another position

Yes, but is the point difference between Bulger and Cutler that much? AT this point, with the loss of Pace, I see them as being just about equal.

If you truly believe that to be the case, then trading Bulger for an upgrade at another position is a no-brainer move for you. Personally, I am not of the opinion that (barring injury) Cutler's numbers will equal Bulger's by year-end.

Bulger is projected to be 70 fantasy points better than Cutler by the year's end. If you can trade Bulger for another player that gives you a decided advantage then do it. Without seeing your lineup it's impossible to tell. But if you already have Steve Smith and you can get Wayne or CJ for Bulger (and you start 2 WRs) then you have cornered the market on top tier WRs and made yourself unbeatable in at least one major category.

Looks for advantages. Trade Bulger is it nets you a difference maker and makes your team dominant in another category.

Bulger is projected to be 70 fantasy points better than Cutler by the year's end. If you can trade Bulger for another player that gives you a decided advantage then do it. Without seeing your lineup it's impossible to tell. But if you already have Steve Smith and you can get Wayne or CJ for Bulger (and you start 2 WRs) then you have cornered the market on top tier WRs and made yourself unbeatable in at least one major category.

Looks for advantages. Trade Bulger is it nets you a difference maker and makes your team dominant in another category.

My roster is in my signature. Also, will Bulger actually be those 70 points better with the loss of pace?

The Rams lost Big O for the last half of the 06 season. Without him, the team still managed to go 5-3 and Steven Jackson actually put up better numbers. This was with Todd Steussie replacing Pace, of course. This year the Rams will be moving Alex Barron from RT to LT and moving a totally unproven Milford Brown to the LT side. The logic is to put better protection on Bulger's blind side.

What does it all mean? I don't know. I'm a Ram fan and I'm in wait-and-see mode, like everyone else. I have Bruce on a couple teams and Torry on a couple others. Their stock is dependent on this answer too.

Personally, I'd see if the guy was interested in Cutler instead, but you've got to consider the source... :D

Just an update:

I decided to make the trade:

I give up: J.Shockey, P.Crayton, and J.Cutler

I get: A Gates and D.Carter

Since I was overstocked at QB and Cutler and Crayton were my backups, I decided to pull the trigger. What's everyone's verdict on this trade (see my sig below for team info)?