[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WAIVER WIRE pickup..

Shorttynaz

My team is in my signature I have the #1 priority for this week only. So I've got first dibbs. I just dont know who's more valuable. Who would you pickup? My wekaness is at WR but there's 2 RB's out there with a little value. Could POSSIBLY package one of them up with someone else for a #3 WR in a few weeks.

DeShawn Wynn - possible starter in GB - worthy of a bye week filler.

Sammy Morris - outperforming Maroney for 2 weeks straight now..

Shaun McDonald - #4 WR on the depth chart but putting up #2 WR numbers - 13 receptions - 161 yards - 1 TD - in just two weeks of play. I will need a WR bye week filler for 3 weeks.. Neither Porter nor Clayton look to be capable of filling that role.

I'm probably going to drop the Seahawks defense for one, and then Mark Clayton for another. I'll give Jerry Porter another week or two to try to build some sort of rapport with Josh McCown.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I like what Sammy Morris is doing, take him....

Anyone without a team bias have an input? :D

I know Dan.. That's the way I'm leaning, but everything I'm reading is saying that Wynn may have played his way into the starters role, and Jackson has played his way out. But as for Morris, I like what he's doing there in NE as well.. He's quicker and more of a threat that Maroney is. And his value would be through the roof as the starter if Maroney (and his injury history) goes down.

FWIW, from KFFL:

Packers | Wynn to get more playing time, may start Week 3

Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:52:49 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB DeShawn Wynn will get more carries Week 3, and he might be the team's starting running back for the game, replacing RB Brandon Jackson.

FWIW, from KFFL:

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB DeShawn Wynn will get more carries Week 3, and he might be the team's starting running back for the game, replacing RB Brandon Jackson.

Saw this earlier - which is the whole reason for my post.. I'm on the fence. Dont know which way to go. My initial request yesterday was Morris, but today I saw that Wynn may be the team's starter. Do you (or anyone with a pulse reading this) have any input on who you would take if you were guaranteed one of them?? My gut still tells me to take Morris.. But to do so would mean to pass on a starting back. The only other thing that has me a little iffy, is he totaled 50 yards and 2 TD's the other day. That stat is a little misleading though, cause those 50 yards came off of 10 carries (5 yard average) - however ONE of which was 38 yards. Leaving 9 carries for 12 yards.. That's nothing that makes me want to jump all over him!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

FWIW, from KFFL:

Thanks for the info, that helps me with my question as to what to do with my WW pick.

I took S Morris. I've seen way too many times the unknown RB come out of no where for 1 week and then disappear the rest of the season. PLUS Morrency 0 the real starter there in GB is coming back soon.

Morris isn't necessairly a proven back, but we already know he's the backup, and we've seen him outproduce the starter for 2 weeks in a row. I know - big risk - big reward. I went for the safe bet. And when Maroney's shoulder acts up again, I may have a flex starter in Morris (if MJD is still licking the sweat from my beans!)..

Edited by Shorttynaz