[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick baseball stats question

whomper

Max Games Played: 162

Does this mean by team or individual? :D

If it's team (and that would be my inference), the season ends at 162, which would be Sunday.

I guess I'm in a small minority here but whatever, it's your league and as long as everyone is cool with it, all is well.

Simlest thing is to simply follow MLB protocol. If they call it the regular season, it's the regular season.

Heck, Maury Wills is credited with playing in 165 games one year ... three game pre-playoff tie breaker series ... plus 162 other games ...

Being a member of this RBI league, and I have no chance of winning any money, I say it should count. I can only hope that Gonzalez can get about 75-80 RBI's for me to win :D or 20 or so for me to get best 6th round pick $$$$

Edited by T_bone65

DENVER (AP) - The Colorado Rockies' late-season surge set up one wild finish.

The Rockies will face San Diego in a one-game tiebreaker for the NL wild-card spot, forcing the playoff with a 4-3 win Sunday over the NL West champion Arizona Diamondbacks.

A single by Matt Holliday set up the Rockies' go-ahead, three-run burst in the eighth inning, then closer Manny Corpas held off Arizona's two-run rally in the ninth. It was the Rockies' 13th win in 14 games.

San Diego and Colorado will play Monday at Coors Field for the final playoff spot in the majors.

The Padres, who missed a chance to clinch the slot by losing their last two games at Milwaukee, plan to pitch ace Jake Peavy. The Rockies will counter with Josh Fogg, whose tendency to beat other teams' aces of late has earned him the nickname "Dragon Slayer."

This will be baseball's first one-game playoff since 1999, when the New York Mets beat Cincinnati 5-0 for the NL wild card.

Holliday went 1-for-3 and is hitting a league-leading .340. He leads Atlanta's Chipper Jones by three points for the batting title - Monday's playoff counts as a regular season game, and Holliday will win the crown provided he doesn't go 0-for-5.

"Stats count for tomorrow, so I'm not going to comment on it," said Holliday, who led the league in doubles, hits and total bases and has a chance to leapfrog Ryan Howard on Monday for the RBI title, too.

He could also win the triple crown if he hits 15 home runs :D

In a very ironic twist..I am down 2 rbis for 2nd place and I have Holliday so I am glad I told him it was going to count..He has Atkins and I have the tie breaker..If Holliday gets 2 or more and Atkins gets 0 I take 2nd..Sucks they are facing Peavy but at least I have a shot

In a very ironic twist..I am down 2 rbis for 2nd place and I have Holliday so I am glad I told him it was going to count..He has Atkins and I have the tie breaker..If Holliday gets 2 or more and Atkins gets 0 I take 2nd..Sucks they are facing Peavy but at least I have a shot

Don't forget about my OUTSIDE chance of Gonzo get about 80 or so RBI :D

Good luck Whomper

Don't forget about my OUTSIDE chance of Gonzo get about 80 or so RBI :D

Good luck Whomper

I lost by 1 rbi to my bitter local rival in all of fantasy sports..This one stings :D