[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.J Hackett

mrpoggs

:D and what do you base this astute observation on, praytell?

Hasselbeck is a Massachusetts guy with some balls on him. As much as Holmgren coaches against it, Hassebleck isn't afraid to try for the big play. Hackett's best trait is his ball skills down the field. Hasselbeck seems to like giving the kid opportunities to make plays. He will still be receiver 1b or 2, but since Burleson isn't playing terrible and our passing game is clicking, they definitely won't be in any kind of hurry to get Hackett back in the swing.

Hasselbeck is a Massachusetts guy with some balls on him. As much as Holmgren coaches against it, Hassebleck isn't afraid to try for the big play. Hackett's best trait is his ball skills down the field. Hasselbeck seems to like giving the kid opportunities to make plays. He will still be receiver 1b or 2, but since Burleson isn't playing terrible and our passing game is clicking, they definitely won't be in any kind of hurry to get Hackett back in the swing.

I agree with you that Hass is from Massachusetts, possesses testicles, and likes to throw the occasional deep ball. And that Hackett has skills.

In the absence of the previous HFT (Hasselbeck’s favorite target) D-Jax, I can see how one might argue that that designation has fallen to Bobby Engram, who has been Hass’s preferred go-to on the majority of converted third-and-longs in the last five years.

I can even see how one might say that Branch, given a Seahawk leading 33 targets and 20 catches in the last 3 games, which extrapolates out to a 100 catch season, is rapidly becoming the HFT.

But as a fan who watches every play of Seahawk football, I find the above groundless declaration that Hackett is the HFT to be patently ridiculous.

That having been said, 21, I have no doubt that you will soon will drop some of your super secret knowledge on me that Hackett sleeps in Hass’s guest room 3 nights a week, was recently made godfather to the little Hasses, and was voted “most likely to be HFT” in his high school yearbook. :D:D

Edited by Bonehand

I agree with you that Hass is from Massachusetts, possesses testicles, and likes to throw the occasional deep ball. And that Hackett has skills.

In the absence of the previous HFT (Hasselbeck’s favorite target) D-Jax, I can see how one might argue that that designation has fallen to Bobby Engram, who has been Hass’s preferred go-to on the majority of converted third-and-longs in the last five years.

I can even see how one might say that Branch, given a Seahawk leading 33 targets and 20 catches in the last 3 games, which extrapolates out to a 100 catch season, is rapidly becoming the HFT.

But as a fan who watches every play of Seahawk football, I find the above groundless declaration that Hackett is the HFT to be patently ridiculous.

That having been said, 21, I have no doubt that you will soon will drop some of your super secret knowledge on me that Hackett sleeps in Hass’s guest room 3 nights a week, was recently made godfather to the little Hasses, and was voted “most likely to be HFT” in his high school yearbook. :D:D

Enghrams health problems last year opened the door for Hackett it took him a long time to come back and when he was back to 100% I remember Hasslebeck looking for Hackett more and more.Thats just my opinion from what I watched.Rather it will be true or not when Hackett returns may be a differnet story,but Ill stick to my previous staement and eat my words if I have to.

Edited by xtra

Enghrams health problems last year opened the door for Hackett it took him a long time to come back and when he was back to 100% I remember Hasslebeck looking for Hackett more and more.Thats just my opinion from what I watched.Rather it will be true or not when Hackett returns may be a differnet story,but Ill stick to my previous staement and eat my words if I have to.

I would argue that Hackett has seen his greatest success the last few years in 3 and 4 receiver sets where he was going against nickel and dime coverage ,which opened up as the opponents top coverage was on D-Jax and Branch/Engram. While he’s had a few hugh plays in important games to be sure, that hardly makes him HFT, IMO.

Edited by Bonehand

I didn't mean to imply that I personally thought DJ Hackett was Hasselbecks BFF, but rather just supply some reasoning as to why that is a somewhat popular opinion. Personally I believe it is Engram. Hackett needs a different word. Hackett is probably the HMIT (Hass's most intriguing target). I don't think that Hasselbeck can help himself but to challenge DJ Hackett and see just how good the kid can be. It seems as though every time Hass gives the kid a test, he passes it with flying colors. Simply, Hasselbeck will find out just how good DJ Hackett is, given the chance. Personally, I think he is immensely talented, and will eventually emerge as the HFT or whatever you called it.

Since we now have a Deion Branch sighting, and Pollard, Engram, Mack Strong & Leonard Weaver all do a very nice job with the underneath routes, it would not surprise me at all if Hackett leads the NFL in YPC over the second half of the season. A deep threat could absolutely flourish in this offense, and this is exactly what Hackett can do for us.

Edited by Seahawks21

I didn't mean to imply that I personally thought DJ Hackett was Hasselbecks BFF, but rather just supply some reasoning as to why that is a somewhat popular opinion. Personally I believe it is Engram. Hackett needs a different word. Hackett is probably the HMIT (Hass's most intriguing target). I don't think that Hasselbeck can help himself but to challenge DJ Hackett and see just how good the kid can be. It seems as though every time Hass gives the kid a test, he passes it with flying colors. Simply, Hasselbeck will find out just how good DJ Hackett is, given the chance. Personally, I think he is immensely talented, and will eventually emerge as the HFT or whatever you called it.

Since we now have a Deion Branch sighting, and Pollard, Engram, Mack Strong & Leonard Weaver all do a very nice job with the underneath routes, it would not surprise me at all if Hackett leads the NFL in YPC over the second half of the season. A deep threat could absolutely flourish in this offense, and this is exactly what Hackett can do for us.

HMIT is the perfect designation for Hackett, nicely stated. I would love to see both he and Burleson flourish as deep threats, but to your point, that is not the bread and butter of Holmgren's west coast offense.

Although now that Holmgren's calling trick plays of all things, up is down, white is black, I suppose anything is possible. :D

Edited by Bonehand

I would argue that Hackett has seen his greatest success the last few years in 3 and 4 receiver sets where he was going against nickel and dime coverage ,which opened up as the opponents top coverage was on D-Jax and Branch/Engram. While he’s had a few hugh plays in important games to be sure, that hardly makes him HFT, IMO.

I cant argue with opinion,we just view it different. :D

Edited by xtra

HMIT is the perfect designation for Hackett, nicely stated. I would love to see both he and Burleson flourish as deep threats, but to your point, that is not the bread and butter of Holmgren's west coast offense.

Although now that Holmgren's calling trick plays of all things, up is down, white is black, I suppose anything is possible. :D

I agree that it is probably not want Holmgren wants, however, Hasselbeck has just a touch of Brett Favre in him... both in the way he plays and with his give-and-take relationship with Holmgren. This is why I phrased my initial thread as "he can't help himself" but to see what Hackett can do. I think Hasselbeck still treats DJ Hackett like he is his new toy, and whether Holmgren loves it or not, the kid is going to have some chances to make plays. My money says he makes most of them.

As for the trick plays, none of them have really worked exept for the deep comeback to Seneca. I think the experiment is just about over.

As for Burleson, he just seems cursed. He makes a ten-yard catch that you don't think he has a chance at making, then beats a guy and gets wide open for 6 and drops the rock on the very next play. The team's confidence and patience in him have got to be dwindling. He will still get his chances but I think his recent inconsistency will lessen his role going forward.

Hackett has spent more than a fair amount of time replacing DJax as the flanker over the past few season as well. Other than when he first came on the scene as a #4 WR, every time he and Engram have been on the field at the same time, Hackett has been on the outside, even though he was listed as the #3 or #4 receiver. Actually, a lot of his bigger catches have come as the outside receiver on a go route down the sideline, which is where I believe his biggest strenghts can be used to their potential.

Edited by Seahawks21