[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pulled this trade off, how'd i do?

solo

I was able to pull this one off Sunday morning. How'd i do?

I sent:

Hasselbeck

Addai

S. Smith

J. Walker

in return for:

Romo

Edge

Driver

Welker

Normally i would have held onto the players i parted with, except maybe try to upgrade the QB over time. With all the injuries right now, (Addai,S.Smith, Walker), i figured i'd better jump on this one before he changed his mind.

The real players here were Romo & Addai, this was nearly a 20 point swing in my favor each week on average so far.

I also picked up Selvin Young after the trade. (Now, hopefully T. Henry gets suspended pretty soon) : )

Solo

I also picked up Selvin Young after the trade. (Now, hopefully T. Henry gets suspended pretty soon) : )

Solo

What makes you think that Selvin Young is "The Answer" to the mess that is the Denver Broncos? IF Travis Henry is suspended, what in Shanahan's past history with RB's would point to anything else than RBBC? Selvin may get his chance, but to hope somebody is suspended just for you're pitiful gain is sad. :D

What makes you think that Selvin Young is "The Answer" to the mess that is the Denver Broncos? IF Travis Henry is suspended, what in Shanahan's past history with RB's would point to anything else than RBBC? Selvin may get his chance, but to hope somebody is suspended just for you're pitiful gain is sad. :D

Honestly, i'm pretty sure it will be RBBC in Denver when/if Henry gets suspended. Young appears to be the front runner to getting the bulk of the carries however.

Selvin may get his chance, but to hope somebody is suspended just for you're pitiful gain is sad. :D

I think the whole Henry situation is a joke. He failed a drug test, let him appeal it once and get on with it. As far as the crack about my pitiful gain, i'm sure you're not gaining anything by Henry not being suspended, or are you Mr. Henry "Owner"????

I have Young on my roster, of course i want him to play. Geez, lighten up Francis, it was just a little humor.

Solocam

+1

Honestly, i wouldn't typically have done this trade specifically because of the points raised here. In this case, my trade partner had been scoring on average over 170 pts per game. He'd won every single week and the high score bonus. He started Romo 3 of the first 4 weeks (Kitna is the backup). During that time, Romo has averaged 42 ppg. By grabbing Romo, i shifted the points in my favor. Also, i should mention i have Witten for a TE, so i can gain double points there on occasion.

Edge gives me another top 5 RB to go along with Ronnie Brown. Driver gives me a WR that actually has a QB that can get the ball out of his hand, and without a runinng game, Favre is going to be throwing the ball all year. I still have Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Welker, & Calvin Johnson as a filler.

Solo

Honestly, i wouldn't typically have done this trade specifically because of the points raised here. In this case, my trade partner had been scoring on average over 170 pts per game. He'd won every single week and the high score bonus. He started Romo 3 of the first 4 weeks (Kitna is the backup). During that time, Romo has averaged 42 ppg. By grabbing Romo, i shifted the points in my favor. Also, i should mention i have Witten for a TE, so i can gain double points there on occasion.

Edge gives me another top 5 RB to go along with Ronnie Brown. Driver gives me a WR that actually has a QB that can get the ball out of his hand, and without a runinng game, Favre is going to be throwing the ball all year. I still have Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Welker, & Calvin Johnson as a filler.

Solo

i understand, but he has kitna so is not worried about losing Romo. He also gets two top Wideouts that will come good towards the end of the year and a major force at RB. He also gets a pretty decent byw week QB for Kitna.

You get a top QB who started just as fast last year and then faded badly. One year removed -- who knows if he can keep it up this year. he is about to hit some top defences in NE, Min, Philly, Giants and Washington - who shut down Kitna last night.

Edge is a decent RB but nowhere near Addai

Drive is ok for Walker but that leaves Smith for Welker

In my opinion, you gave up way too much here and basically handed the other guy everything he needs to win the league.

i understand, but he has kitna so is not worried about losing Romo. He also gets two top Wideouts that will come good towards the end of the year and a major force at RB. He also gets a pretty decent byw week QB for Kitna.

You get a top QB who started just as fast last year and then faded badly. One year removed -- who knows if he can keep it up this year. he is about to hit some top defences in NE, Min, Philly, Giants and Washington - who shut down Kitna last night.

Edge is a decent RB but nowhere near Addai

Drive is ok for Walker but that leaves Smith for Welker

In my opinion, you gave up way too much here and basically handed the other guy everything he needs to win the league.

Fair enough. Personally, i just don't see Smith doing much the remainder of the year with Carr at the helm and Walker's injury i just don't know, something just doesn't smell right there.

Hey, this is all pretty much a guessing game anyway at this point. Truthfully, i was the closest in points to him and it was likely going to come down to him and myself at the end of the year the way it's been looking. He's been beating my scores by almost 30 points per week so i had to do somethng to hopefully stop his buzzsaw team. Ii'll just let the players do what they do and see how things shake out in the end.

I agree with your thoughts on Romo fading, and that does scare me a little bit, but i had to go with my heart a little there. I live less than 10 miles away from his home town, and got to see him and Witten this summer at a football camp he put on for the hometown kids. :D ....... BTW, Carrie Underwood......Smokin' hot in person! :D

Solo

Fair enough. Personally, i just don't see Smith doing much the remainder of the year with Carr at the helm and Walker's injury i just don't know, something just doesn't smell right there.

Solo

I forget what Andre Johnson did with Carr throwing to him? I believe it was alright.

Hasselbeck < Romo

Addai > Edge

Smith > Driver

Welker > Walker

It looks like a good trade on paper for you.

I forget what Andre Johnson did with Carr throwing to him? I believe it was alright.

Hasselbeck < Romo

Addai > Edge

Smith > Driver

Welker > Walker

It looks like a good trade on paper for you.

You might have this mixed up. Solo is the guy receiving Romo and giving you Smitth, Addai and Walker

Sorry Solo

There is always next year.

Fantasy Commandment #1

Though shalt not over-react to stats in the first 4 games of the season.

Actually, even with that miserable performance, i still won my game by 25 points. I got lucky!

I'm still 3rd in total points and lead my division, so hopefully that was a fluke game for Romo.

The trade may very well come back to haunt me, but at least i tried to put some fun into a league where the same guy has won it 3 years in a row. (At least, that's what i'm going with) :D