[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC South

CaptainHook

All four members of the AFC South won Sunday to push the division's record to 14-4, best in the NFL.

Three of those losses have been inflicted by one another, and AFC South members have permitted an average of only 15.9 points, fewer than any other division. The NFC East is next at 18.9.

Tennessee (3-1) ranks fifth in total defense, the Colts (5-0) sixth, Jacksonville (3-1) seventh and Houston (3-2) 11th.

The Colts are a leg up on the rest of the division with victories at Tennessee and Houston.

"We'll have another big division road game in two weeks, but there aren't going to be a lot of people that go into Tennessee and Houston and get wins," Dungy said. "I'm glad we got them and got them out of the way."

The Colts next play Oct. 22 on "Monday Night Football" at Jacksonville.

from Indianapolis Star

Easily the strongest division in football. They suffer only from the recent reputations of Jax, Tenn, and Hou and we all know how much that is really worth. Indy has easily beaten everyone it's played out of conference yet beat Houston and Tenn by a combined 8 pts.

NFC East is 2nd as Wash looks to be on par with teams like Jax and Tenn and both NYG and Philly can be dangerous when they put their mind to it. But if you matched the 4 teams up side by side...

After that, nothing comes close. The AFC East and North after NE and Pitt are freaking jokes. The NFC West and South may end up with a champ by default. SD simply needs to play decent to wrestle the West away from that crew. The NFC North lacks a complete team...

Yes, the AFC South is flexing some muscle this year. It's about time. The Colts used to have a cakewalk to the playoffs when Houston and Tenn. were down, but with those teams stepping up, it makes the AFC South a formidable division. Lots of good defense. The addition of Schaub on Houston has given that franchise a lift.

Huge game for Jax this weekend vs. Houston, they want this win very bad, they are gonna come ready to play.

Jax is allowing 10 points per game... MNF vs. Indy is gonna be a riot Oct 22nd, Jax will wear their Black Uni's and make that game a battle of the ages, it will be the single greatest public sporting event since spartacus.

Huge game for Jax this weekend vs. Houston, they want this win very bad, they are gonna come ready to play.

Jax is allowing 10 points per game... MNF vs. Indy is gonna be a riot Oct 22nd, Jax will wear their Black Uni's and make that game a battle of the ages, it will be the single greatest public sporting event since spartacus.

LOL, Spartacus? Coulda' gone with maybe Ali-Frazier, or even Jesse Owens in Berlin, but you got greedy...

Indy has easily beaten everyone it's played out of conference yet beat Houston and Tenn by a combined 8 pts.

Well, to be fair, those teams included the Saints, Broncos, and Bucs. Not exactly a tough out-of-division schedule so far and it doesn't get that much more difficult later on (CAR, SD, NE, KC, BAL, OAK). They could easily go 13-3 this year with that schedule.

Well, to be fair, those teams included the Saints, Broncos, and Bucs. Not exactly a tough out-of-division schedule so far and it doesn't get that much more difficult later on (CAR, SD, NE, KC, BAL, OAK). They could easily go 13-3 this year with that schedule.

The bucs are maybe the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFC. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I actually not in agreement with you.

After a nice game played on the road after a bye week, and with the Colts lingering on the horizon, the Jags are due for yet another let down. And who better to be on their schedule than the Houston Texans. Be afraid, be very afraid. Let the egg laying commence.

I mentioned it in another thread, but it's worth repeating here too. Going into the last two weeks it's conceivable the Colts would be 12-2. Jacksonville and Tennessee could also be 12-2 and Indy still has to play Jacksonville and Houston IIRC the last two weeks. It's a definite possiblity that the Colts lock up some type of a playoff spot prior to week 16, but they many not actually lockup the division until week 17.

I mentioned it in another thread, but it's worth repeating here too. Going into the last two weeks it's conceivable the Colts would be 12-2. Jacksonville and Tennessee could also be 12-2 and Indy still has to play Jacksonville and Houston IIRC the last two weeks. It's a definite possiblity that the Colts lock up some type of a playoff spot prior to week 16, but they many not actually lockup the division until week 17.

The AFC South lucked out in the fact that the NFC South and AFC West both completely blow this year. I agree with TEN being right there in contention, but don't see JAX being in the picture in Week 15, even with that cake schedule.

Luckily for us fantasy geeks, the Colts will be fighting tooth-and-nail for home-field advantage with NE all the way up to Week 17. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both they and NE finished at 14-2. That would probably make the Colts the most mediocre 14-2 team ever.

The AFC South lucked out in the fact that the NFC South and AFC West both completely blow this year. I agree with TEN being right there in contention, but don't see JAX being in the picture in Week 15, even with that cake schedule.

Luckily for us fantasy geeks, the Colts will be fighting tooth-and-nail for home-field advantage with NE all the way up to Week 17. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both they and NE finished at 14-2. That would probably make the Colts the most mediocre 14-2 team ever.

I love the fact that the Jags have developed more of a rivalry with Indy. Now maybe they might just remember that the Steelers aren't in their division anymore. Jags always seem to play Indy tough, as do the Titans. If the Jags are half as fired up for their MNF meeting with the Colts as they were last year for the Steelers, it should be a hell of a game. When the Jags get pumped up at home they're hard to beat. But that's where they seem to have a problem. Hard to get fired up in front of empty seats like there will be this weekend for Houston. And I don't want to hear all that crap about the market being small, population too spread out, blah, blah. The old USFL team the Bulls never had problems putting people in the stands and they never had a winning record. But Indy beware. You're in for a fight on MNF I believe. They WILL be fired up for that one.