[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I do this trade?

Penguinsfan

I'm 1-4 right now, both my QBs are on byes this week, and the latest word is that Andre "might" be back next week. Meanwhile, my team sucks and I need some points this week to have a chance at the playoffs. The biggest problem is that this doesn't address my weakness at WR, but this guy seems to be the only owner in my league that's open to trades this week, and he's only looking to shop LJ and McNabb around...

Offer is on the table...should I accept it?

No

That is a terrible trade

let me think about it again

no

my next response is...

let me see.... NO!

There is a reason he is only looking to shop McNabb and LJ - they both suck this year and cannot be relied upon. McNabb might have a good week here and there, but Kitna will have better weeks consistenly. You are better off getting Michael Turner than LJ. Wait it out until Andre comes back.

Alright....any advice on what to do with my team this week?

Right now:

QB: ?

RB: Edge, T. Jones

WR: Bowe, Davis

RB/WR Flex: Leon Washington?? Kenny Watson??

TE: Cooley

K: ?

DEF: Texans

Bench: Kitna (bye), Ben (bye), S. Young (bye), SJax (out), Andre (out), Evans (bye), Holmes (bye), Marshall (bye)

Hopefully you can see the dillemma...I have no QB or K this week to start. In order to pick up a fill in, I'll have to drop two players...but really can't afford to drop any of them. Nobody in my league has expressed any interest in entertaining trade offers...Suffering succotash! can I do?

Cheers.

Yeah, Kitna was in the red for me last week as well.

Here's the problem, though....if I recall our rules correctly, each team is required to submit a complete roster every week. I can't "take the loss" by not starting a QB and a K. If I start an imcomplete lineup, I get fined. I'm not too interested in getting fined....

Any advice?

Cheers

Alright....any advice on what to do with my team this week?

Right now:

QB: ?

RB: Edge, T. Jones

WR: Bowe, Davis

RB/WR Flex: Leon Washington?? Kenny Watson??

TE: Cooley

K: ?

DEF: Texans

Bench: Kitna (bye), Ben (bye), S. Young (bye), SJax (out), Andre (out), Evans (bye), Holmes (bye), Marshall (bye)

Hopefully you can see the dillemma...I have no QB or K this week to start. In order to pick up a fill in, I'll have to drop two players...but really can't afford to drop any of them. Nobody in my league has expressed any interest in entertaining trade offers...Suffering succotash! can I do?

Cheers.

I am sure this is not what you want to hear right now but this was possibly the worst planning job ever ! What have you been doing for weeks?

I am sure this is not what you want to hear right now but this was possibly the worst planning job ever ! What have you been doing for weeks?

Thank you Captain Obvious (meant entirely sarcastically). What have I been doing during the past weeks? Well, obviously not a whole heck of a lot. Frankly, I've been struggling to piece together a team every week for quite a while. My league has gone from a league where trades were the weekly norm (past 7 years) to one where we have had exactly one trade (this year). Nobody's been willing to trade anything, and it's extremely frustrating considering that SJax and Andre (two guys I was relying on a lot this year) have been out. We have no IR in our league. so keeping SJax and Andre around has essentially shrunken my bench size by two players. Given that, my need to find replacements for them, and the lack of any interest whatsoever in trading in my league, I really couldn't do much of anything.

Take it on the chin this week indeed. That'll leave me at 1-5, same place I was at last year at this point in time. My only saving grace is that last year my patience paid off and my team went on a huge run...eventually winning the whole thing. One can hope, right?

Cheers