[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trent edwards

tonorator

I'm obviously not a Bills homer, but let me shed some light on the situation:

ROOKIE QUARTERBACK

If Losman is healthy and he can't outperform a rookie QB given his experience, one can only guess that Losman's ability is well below starting QB standards for the NFL.

Well, just looked it up, and Losman's yap is 5.4 so far this year, while Edward's is 6.6. Losman's ypa is atrocious, and ypa is a quick & dirty measure of how effective a QB is. That Edwards is a rookie and has a ypa that is 22% better than Losman's - and Edwards' isn't exactly stellar - tells one all they need to know.

not a Bills homer - but I have watched Edwards alot - both with the Bills and at Stanford- the kid is legit- and has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB for a long time. He makes quick reads, gets the ball out- and has a good, accurate arm.

Edwards is the right call- he will end up being a much better NFL QB than Loseman.

They are obivously seeing something in him to give him the nod.

I would like to see JP get one last shot so we are 100% sure before ending his Buffalo carear.

What Edwards does give you are less negative plays, like crucial sacks when they are in field position. He apparently sees the field quicker and is able to check it down and complete to the outlet tightend or Lynch. He throws a more accurate and catchable pass.

He also seems to get the team in and out of the huddle quicker, giving him more time to scan the defense, which again he seems to do better than JP. Fewer delay penalties.

It seems the coaches feel he can digest the game plan quicker. He hasn't lit it up but for a rookie has done well and his long term outlook is bright. JP can be special but very ugly sometimes for a 4 year vet.

I just want to win and don't care who plays the QB.