[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers' RB Situation

Pkillebr

Who will it be?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the bulk of the carries on Monday vs. Denver?

• DeShawn Wynn
    • Brandon Jackson
    • Vernand Morency
    • Ryan Grant

Basically what it says. From what I'm reading, Wynn will probably not be active against Denver and if he is, it will likely be very limited. Morency and Jackson have lingering injuries. I've seen some articles that Ryan Grant will get most carries but not anything very conclusive. He's not even on the depth chart as of right now.

Basically what it says. From what I'm reading, Wynn will probably not be active against Denver and if he is, it will likely be very limited. Morency and Jackson have lingering injuries. I've seen some articles that Ryan Grant will get most carries but not anything very conclusive. He's not even on the depth chart as of right now.

:Darticle in this thread

My expectation - and really not much more than gut feeling and the aforementioned article - is that Grant will start and Morency will be the only other back of substance in the game. Wynn has shown very little ability to play through injury, and this sounds like more of the same. Despite his fumble, Grant has run well in limited action. I'm expecting very little from Brandon "Healthy Scratch" Jackson.

October 25, 2007, 16:13

Packers :: RB

HC McCarthy Says RB Wynn Is No. 1 Guy

Tom Pelissero, Green Bay Press Gazette -

Green Bay Packers HC Mike McCarthy has not declared anyone as the team's featured RB this season. That ended today. McCarthy made clear today that DeShawn Wynn is the starter until further notice. "He's in the No. 1 slot right now," McCarthy said, "so he has an opportunity to take it and do something with it, so we'll see what he can do." Wynn returned to practice today after sitting out Tuesday because of neck spasms suffered while weight-lifting before Monday's practice. "We can all overreact to that," McCarthy said. "He's done a good job. I mean, he's been a professional, he's been on time, he's done all the things that have been asked from him as far as the weight room, you know, the training room and so forth."

... McCarthy said. "He's done a good job. I mean, he's been a professional, he's been on time, he's done all the things that have been asked from him as far as the weight room, you know, the training room and so forth."

This part made me :D

So basically he's saying you can start at RB for the Packers if you: a) have an accurate time keeping device, b.) follow directions well, and c) lift weights.

I better call my agent. :D

Edited by kingfish247

This part made me :D

So basically he's saying you can start at RB for the Packers if you: a) have an accurate time keeping device, b.) follow directions well, and c) lift weights.

I better call my agent. :D

Sadly, this isn't too far from the truth.

Is that because no one else is healthy or do you think he has the talent?

A little bit of both...his time has been very limited, so it's hard to glean too much from it. But he has looked good. That said, I don't think Wynn, Jackson or Morency is the answer. Obviously McCarthy thinks otherwise.

From the Milwaukee JS:

RB DeShawn Wynn (neck) was back and looked fine. He immediately resumed the first-team duties with Ryan Grant and Vernand Morency splitting carries behind Wynn. Morency seemed to get more than his normal number of reps. Brandon Jackson practiced but got some scout team work in. He'll likely be inactive again on Monday night;

A little bit of both...his time has been very limited, so it's hard to glean too much from it. But he has looked good. That said, I don't think Wynn, Jackson or Morency is the answer. Obviously McCarthy thinks otherwise.

Maybe he's trying to see if this will motivate him. He has tried various ways to do that in the pre season with only mixed results.

I'd like to see what Grant can do, I've seen the rest of the backs and none seem like much of a starter.