[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok let move on,do the Pats go undefeated?

manhattan nights

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have freely admitted that any comparison between teams that played different seasons is nothing but pure conjecture. Only an idiot would think otherwise (present company not excepted). It's mildly amusing that you ask for proof of something for which no possible proof can be offered. I might add that your position that a people "have to give them the benefit of the doubt" - your words - is apparently above your own standard of having to provide absolute proof of a statement before posting it.

I don't want proof because I know that none exists. That doesn't excuse you from having to back up your claims even the slightest bit.

As far as not holding myself to the same standard, I'm not the one making the claim. You say that they wouldn't be close to the best team ever if they ran the table and I think that's a foolish argument. I'm saying that if a team goes through the NFL at 19-0, beating teams as soundly as the Pats are doing, they absolutely "deserve the benefit of the doubt" in terms of whether they belong among the greatest teams ever. I mean, what more could they have done? Every game but the Colts and Cowboys has pretty much been over by half-time.

Remember, I'm not the one saying that they should be thought of as the best of all time, I'm just laughing at the absurdity of your comment that they wouldn't be close. :D:D:wacko::D:D

Edited by detlef