[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall or Hackett?

Penguinsfan

Hmm, both are nice options. I would give the nod to Marshall because Denver will have to throw alot if they get trounced, as they should, be the KC run game. Even though KC has a really good pass D, if anyone on Denver benefits from the passing game it should most likely be Marshall. He hasn't had a TD in a while and I think he'll get his this weekend. Hold onto Marshall though because if Walker comes back hell be even better with him.

I'm in a similiar boat, only difference is mine is a PPR league. I don't think Marshall is a terrible play in basic scoring leagues right now, its just that the guy isnt scoring TDs. PPR he's been real solid all year. Now that being said, personally I'm leaning towards Hackett this week for three reasons:

1. Tony Gonzalez is my TE and I don't like the idea of playing two key skill players in a game that I think reeks of 13-10.

2. Branch hasn't done anything all week and likely won't suit up on Monday night. Holmgren has openly talked about the Seahags going to a pass oriented offense

3. My opponent is starting Bobby Engram agaisnt me this week, and rather than be done heading into Monday Night, I like the idea of having Hackett to possibly balance out whatever damage Engram inflicts on me.

That's just my reasoning for Hackett over Marshall this week. Not sure if it helps but I hope it does.

Edited by malta69

Normally I'd go with Marshall, but I think Hackett. The KC-DEN game could be a low-scoring affair, and even with a good matchup, Marshall seems to get the yardage but not the TDs (I own him in one league, so I know hehe.) The 49ers matchup is a good one, and I'm sure Hasselbeck will spread the love. Go with Hackett, and as you say, it'll balance out the Engram damage.

Good luck!

See mine? http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=230375

I'm starting Hackett and Patten over Marshall. Marshall isn't the same receiver when he's the "main guy", and the other two guys should benefit from from not drawing the best cover guy as their both #2 on their teams. While Marshall has put up decent yardage I think Hackett stands the better chance to score; he's the "big receiver" and their best option down close.