[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rudi Johnson

MistaWrite

Cincy homers, fans, and Rudi owners. The fact that Rudi got over 20 carries against the Ravens last week seems to suggest that he's back to full time status (w/Kenny Watson still a strong #2). That said, how do you think the rest of the season plays out for him? Considering the fact that they've got a cream puff schedule the rest of the way and he's still just a year removed from 1300 yards/8TDs, does he resurrect his season like Steven Jackson's trying to do, or is he done and just waiting for K. Watt (or Chris Perry, or some rookie to-be-named) to take over? :D

I think it helps his cause that Watson hasn't done anything of note on the ground since the Jets game. It looks like the Bengals are trying to go back to having Rudi as the primary ball carrier with Watson as the 3rd down and change of pace back, but they haven't even come close to being able to establish a running game. At this point, I think Rudi is just part of a sinking ship, so on any given week he has the potential to get completely stuffed. Having said that, if the matchup is cake, you probably have to roll the dice on him unless you've got two of the four or five backs out there that are still healthly and still performing on a semi-regular basis.

I think it helps his cause that Watson hasn't done anything of note on the ground since the Jets game. It looks like the Bengals are trying to go back to having Rudi as the primary ball carrier with Watson as the 3rd down and change of pace back, but they haven't even come close to being able to establish a running game. At this point, I think Rudi is just part of a sinking ship, so on any given week he has the potential to get completely stuffed. Having said that, if the matchup is cake, you probably have to roll the dice on him unless you've got two of the four or five backs out there that are still healthly and still performing on a semi-regular basis.

Good points. Thanx.

+1, hoping Rudi will take advantage of a few nice matchups down the road.

Dud. He hasn't just lost a step, he's lost all ability to run effectively. He used to be among the tougher starting RBs to bring down in the league, now I'd say he's one of the easiest. He doesn't have good speed, so he needs to rely on a bit of elusiveness and toughness to get yards. He no longer has the toughness. Years past he would drag defenders for an extra two or three yards after contact. Now he just goes down. His career is over IMO.

This was appearant even before the hamstring injury.

Dud. He hasn't just lost a step, he's lost all ability to run effectively. He used to be among the tougher starting RBs to bring down in the league, now I'd say he's one of the easiest. He doesn't have good speed, so he needs to rely on a bit of elusiveness and toughness to get yards. He no longer has the toughness. Years past he would drag defenders for an extra two or three yards after contact. Now he just goes down. His career is over IMO.

This was appearant even before the hamstring injury.

+1........could you imagine McFadden in that offense :D

Edited by Hat Trick