[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles-Pats Week 12 thread

i_am_the_swammi

I have a problem - for the past 5 years, I've bet a unit a week on the Eagles...every week, every game (even the year they were 6-10 - went 5-11 ATS).

This year, I've bet a unit on the Pats every week.

In my "system" I put a unit a game on 7 games every week (why 7...it's a long and trial and error solution to some big losses). Never more, never less - so with the Eagles and Pats, that has meant only 5 other games.

So this week, do I lay off or choose the heart side of my system over the head side.

I'll end up taking the Eagles plus 18 or whatever it is (my guess is 18) i'm sure...and talk sh*t all week about how we're going to end the streak....but my head the whole time will be saying "hey moron, what are you doing"

I have a problem - for the past 5 years, I've bet a unit a week on the Eagles...every week, every game (even the year they were 6-10 - went 5-11 ATS).

In my "system" I put a unit a game on 7 games every week (why 7...it's a long and trial and error solution to some big losses). Never more, never less - so with the Eagles and Pats, that has meant only 5 other games.

So this week, do I lay off or choose the heart side of my system over the head side.

I'll end up taking the Eagles plus 18 or whatever it is (my guess is 18) i'm sure...and talk sh*t all week about how we're going to end the streak....but my head the whole time will be saying "hey moron, what are you doing"

When dealing with money always use your head, your heart will leave you broke.

When dealing with money always use your head, your heart will leave you broke.

While I defintiely agree for most part, luckily my heart pick has paid off nicely over the years (which is more a matter of being an Eagles fan vs maybe a Bengals fan)

Here is the thing though - I think the Eagles keep this to a 2 TD game at most. Now, taht is a heart speaking play I'm sure, but also is a bit of "our defense is playing very good now".....

While I defintiely agree for most part, luckily my heart pick has paid off nicely over the years (which is more a matter of being an Eagles fan vs maybe a Bengals fan)

Here is the thing though - I think the Eagles keep this to a 2 TD game at most. Now, taht is a heart speaking play I'm sure, but also is a bit of "our defense is playing very good now".....

That has been the opinion of most every fan of the team the Patriots blow up next. I'd love to see a more competitive game for sure, but I'm realistically expecting something like 40-17.

I don't have an answer to your question but I will guess that the line is more than 18

I'm in without the pts, but there needs to be some sort of odds as this is a ridiculous moneyline bet.

So, I'd say I'm in on the win with : Pats Win, take the sig for a week. Eagles win, get their sig for a month....

(then again, I post here about 1 week out of 4 so would end up that way anyway)

:D

I was only in if we were getting 38....but since NSab has thrown his unadulterated hat into the ring, I will also.

However, if the Eagles win, NSab gets to tatoo a huge Andy Reid face onto the face of every Pats fan here.

That my friend is a deal :D

I'm in without the pts, but there needs to be some sort of odds as this is a ridiculous moneyline bet.

So, I'd say I'm in on the win with : Pats Win, take the sig for a week. Eagles win, get their sig for a month....

(then again, I post here about 1 week out of 4 so would end up that way anyway)

Fine by me.