[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a sleeper RB pick. See my choices.

gmann

Okay this is a no holds barred question. Not going to hold you to your pick, Just give me your best pick to have blowout numbers this week. Im willing to take any risk ALL or NOTHING. I played Chester Taylor last week over many better backs and hit pay dirt. Looking for the same sleeper this week. Don't be afraid to deviate from the crowd. Please give a reason for your pick even if it's just a hunch or your gut. Thanks!

Chester Taylor @ NYG (did great last week vs Oakland, but Oak is 28th in yds/game and dead last 32nd in rushing TDs/game, NYG are 9th in yds/gm and 12 th in rushing TDs/gm, he may get yards but TDs will be tougher to come by)

Ron Dayne @ Cleveland (28th in rushing yds/gm but 7th in rushing TDs/gm)

Maroney @ Philadelphia (Shouldnt even post this one, NE has way too much fire power passing and great depth at RB, if Maroney does well he will get pulled for Eckel and Faulk, with record, past injuries, and playoffs coming no way Belicheck keeps him in the lineup long)

Henry/Young or Hall @ Chicago (Bears are 26th in rushing yds/gm and 23rd in rushing TDs/fm)

Kenny Watson vs Tennessee DT Albert Haynesworth my not play (hamstring)

possibly Morris @ STL Rams (22nd and 30th rushing yds/gm and rushing TDs/gm)

Take your pick!

Edited by gmann

hey, my first day here and I'm lovin it. To me it's a no brainer. If it's not broke don't fix it. lol Minn is taking no chances with Peterson, he is getting a 2nd mri from dr andrews and will not see the field until he is totally cleared. Chester is your boy in this situation.

Morris. Taylor is going on the road, against a tough run defense and has no support from the passing game. On top of that, his blocking fullback (T. Richardson) isn't playing.

Dayne could surprise as well but I could see Houston vs. Cleve as a pass-heavy game limiting his chances. I would stear clear of Maroney and the Denver RB situation.

Morris is playing well, Seattle is balanced, and St. Louis sucks.

Look at what AP did after his huge game against San Diego - on the road in Green Bay? 40 yards rushing. I could see the Giants do something similar against Taylor - which blows because I'm a Vikes fan and I have Taylor in one league as well.

Morris. Taylor is going on the road, against a tough run defense and has no support from the passing game. On top of that, his blocking fullback (T. Richardson) isn't playing.

Dayne could surprise as well but I could see Houston vs. Cleve as a pass-heavy game limiting his chances. I would stear clear of Maroney and the Denver RB situation.

Morris is playing well, Seattle is balanced, and St. Louis sucks.

Look at what AP did after his huge game against San Diego - on the road in Green Bay? 40 yards rushing. I could see the Giants do something similar against Taylor - which blows because I'm a Vikes fan and I have Taylor in one league as well.

I agree the Taylor matchup doesnt look favorable. I played him last week BECAUSE of the matchup with Oakland. So I don't buy with the 'if it aint broke don't fix it' theory. Looks like Dayne or Morris at this point. And Seattle is more and more comitting to the passing game with 40+ attempts the past few weeks. That being said it limits Morris' looks and possibilities for a big day. I think he will do well just not a breakout play. So the process of elimination points to Dayne as the highest probability of a breakout day.

Any other sleepers that may be in the free agent pool?

Edited by gmann

I think Chester is easily your safest pick, but if you are looking for the possible beast, I'd have to roll the dice with big Ron Dayne. Granted the scoreboard will be lighting up at Cleveland this week, and contrary to what most are saying, I dont think that all of that yardage will be piled up through the air. I can honestly see Dayne putting up 130 total yards with at least one, and possibly 2 TDs. Dayne is coming off of two straight solid games, and I expect him to string together his best statline of the season this week. It's been especially nice to see him starting to contribute to the passing game as he added around 30 yds receiving last week as well.

I hear alot of people talking up Maurice Morris, but the way the Seahags are chucking the ball, I just dont know if he will get enough touches to really have a "monster" game.

I think Chester is easily your safest pick, but if you are looking for the possible beast, I'd have to roll the dice with big Ron Dayne. Granted the scoreboard will be lighting up at Cleveland this week, and contrary to what most are saying, I dont think that all of that yardage will be piled up through the air. I can honestly see Dayne putting up 130 total yards with at least one, and possibly 2 TDs. Dayne is coming off of two straight solid games, and I expect him to string together his best statline of the season this week. It's been especially nice to see him starting to contribute to the passing game as he added around 30 yds receiving last week as well.

I hear alot of people talking up Maurice Morris, but the way the Seahags are chucking the ball, I just dont know if he will get enough touches to really have a "monster" game.

Good points malta, perhaps the pass yardage out of the backfield could be the big factor in RB point totals. Gonna have to chew on that.

I assume no one is mentioning Hall due to the RB situation in Denver. Let's assume Hall gets the start. Does everyone think Denver is going to play the passing game with Javon Walker back and shallow depth in the RB department? I guess I do.

Edited by gmann

try picking up Ahmad Bradshaw. I have watched this kid since preseason and he is speacial. He is worthy of being a feature back. I have a great feeling about him this week. He will out perform Droughns. Taylor is the best of the guys you have listed, but that's not a sleeper, you asked for a sleeper, Bradshaw is a sleeper.

try picking up Ahmad Bradshaw. I have watched this kid since preseason and he is speacial. He is worthy of being a feature back. I have a great feeling about him this week. He will out perform Droughns. Taylor is the best of the guys you have listed, but that's not a sleeper, you asked for a sleeper, Bradshaw is a sleeper.

Yes I did ask for a sleeper and thanks for the heads up on Bradshaw. Considering Im in a 10 team league I think Bradshaw is a Rumplestiltskin sleeper. I guess what Im saying is the term 'sleeper' is a relative term. I will keep a 3rd eye on him, but I think his sleeper status is in 14 team and deeper leagues. He also has the label of a fumbler, which I get negative points for in my league. Thanks for the reply.

As far as Morris goes here is Brad Evans thoughts which I can't argue with:

Lowdown: Mo' Morris will have Mo' problems against a terribly underrated Rams rush defense. Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett deserves acclaim for revamping a repulsive Rams defense that ranked dead last in the NFC against the run last season. Since Week 1, no rusher has eclipsed 90 yards against them. Morris, filling in for the virtually extinct Shaun Alexander, has performed satisfactorily in two starts, averaging 104.5 total yards per game with two touchdowns. However, the Seattle offensive line continues to have issues creating generous gaps in defenses, indicative of Morris' paltry 3.8 yards per carry average since Week 10. Rookie defensive tackle Adam Carriker is an edacious backfield consumer who should be in line for a banner day. Morris will net 20-plus touches, but expect the Seattle ground game to stagnate versus a Rams defense that has allowed the fifth-fewest fantasy points to backs since Week 7.

Fearless Forecast: 18 carries, 68 rushing yards, 2 reception, 19 receiving yards, 0 touchdowns

His view on Rod Dayne:

Lowdown: Big Daddy Dayne, whose rotund shape resembles the Mr. Potato Head balloon in the Macy's T-Day Parade, will pulverize the Browns. Cleveland's antiquated defensive line will be elder-abused by a Houston blocking unit that has played remarkably well in recent weeks. In his past two contests, Dayne has bulldozed his way to 118.5 total yards per game and 5.0 yards per carry. Cleveland has surrendered eight 100-yard rushers in 10 contests this season. Gary Kubiak is an ardent play-action supporter who will use the run to spring the pass. Matt Schaub will have little difficulty stretching the field with all-world wideout Andre Johnson back at full-strength, which should open up colossal holes for Dayne to plow through. As long as the Texans defense doesn't allow Cleveland to build an insurmountable lead early, Dayne should pound his way to another 90-110 total yard afternoon. Have faith in him as a No. 2 in 14-team and deeper leagues and as a top-notch flex play in shallower formats.

Fearless Forecast: 20 carries, 89 rushing yards, 2 receptions, 12 receiving yards, 1 touchdown

For the above reasons I gotta go with Dayne as having the most probable chance for a breakout day. Thanks all for your comments.

Edited by gmann