[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Guys, tipped by the thread on Heinz field, weather could definitely be a problem. Though Rooney says the field is "outstanding", I don't think it could be. Here are some good links:

Tonight

Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday

Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 5 mph...becoming northeast in the afternoon.

» ZIP Code Detail

Saturday Night

Cloudy...snow...rain and freezing rain likely after midnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows in the upper 20s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Sunday

Light sleet in the morning. Rain. Highs in the mid 40s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

» ZIP Code Detail

Sunday Night

Rain in the evening...then rain showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Radars:

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480...adarb4_anim.gif

http://radblast-aa.wunderground.com/cgi-bi...amp;lightning=0

I took the Under 48 on Tuesday morning as part of my system generated plays, not even considering the potential weather. It only stayed at 48 until the early afternoon, and started dropping and is currently around 44 at most outlets.

I'm guessing it will drop even more as the news of the weather becomes more publicly known.

I dont' see how the field could be "outstanding", especially if weather is nasty. Watching that game on MNF, the teams could actually move the ball better through the air than running. Both pass rushes were slowed down due to the field. Ben's problem was he couldn't "scramble" in the pocket which he typically does very well, and had trouble sustaining drives. If the field is even half as bad as it was on MNF, this could really benefit the Bengals I think.

Still, though Pitt/Cincy can put up points in games between each other, they have gone over 48 points only once since the 2003 season (9 total games).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Lang make some picks on TV:

Picks Buf +6 over Was - but thinks Was wins by a FG

Picks Indy -6.5 over Jac - thinks they win by DD and dominate

Picks Cle +1 over Ari - thinks Cle wins

Picks NE/Bal Under 51 - is scared to pick a side because he's not sure where the 20.5 is going. Thinks it may move, like the game vs. Phi which started NE-17 and went up to -25. (Lang is so idiotic)

His "2 for the Money" play is Phi -3 over Sea

This guy is funny...

So 2 of the plays are the same as was on the Dennis Miller show. Funny part is GB was his strongest play, and now that that one lost, his strongest play is Philly.

He'll keep going down the list until he gets one right...

Thanks for the info Dre, as always.

I can still get CIN/PIT U42.5, a big drop from the opening total to be sure but I'm going to play it as well. I can't imagine the turf will be able to hold up under the weather that is expected, no matter how much work is put into it.

Some other bad weather games are out there as well. Bad weather expected in CHI and PHI on Sunday, check it out:

Philly: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...75.1657&e=0

CHI: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...-87.685&e=1

Going to play SEA/PHI U42, NYG/CHI U42.5

Edited by Gdawg

Congrats Whomp!

I really want to lay the PIT game, but the weather/field issue is a concern. Dre, are you laying this one? I know it's one of your leans...could we see a repeat of Monday Night?

What do you guys think?

Congrats Whomp!

I really want to lay the PIT game, but the weather/field issue is a concern. Dre, are you laying this one? I know it's one of your leans...could we see a repeat of Monday Night?

What do you guys think?

I'm considering the under here big time....along with the Philly and Chicago game...

I'm considering the under here big time....along with the Philly and Chicago game...

If you want the PIT/CIN under Avernus, get on it soon. Also keep in mind it's dropped 5.5 points already :D

I still like it as a play at 42.5, I'm sure it will drop further if the current forecast holds.

If you want the PIT/CIN under Avernus, get on it soon. Also keep in mind it's dropped 5.5 points already :D

I still like it as a play at 42.5, I'm sure it will drop further if the current forecast holds.

I've noticed the projected weather conditions are improving....but it's still too far away to tell how the weather will actually be on sunday night and I may have missed the boat already on getting a decent line..

42 is already a bit too risky IMO because that just means the ground game for both teams could dominate some...

not to mention the Dolphins actually have a better defense than Cincinnati and etc. etc.

the under may very well end up being a sucker bet...

I like Navy -7 for the first half today over Army

I like it Whomper. I'm playing a college teaser today:

Navy -8

Va Tech +1.5

Ore. State +7

Mizzou +9

BUDIN:

steve budin SUNDAY'S PICK

50 DIME PLAY

PITTSBURGH-CINCINNATI UNDER

50 DIME PLAY

HOUSTON-TENNESSEE UNDER

Note from Steve Budin:

These are two SEPARATE 50 Dime selections.

Do NOT parlay them together; that is not how they are to be played. Plus, as a former bookmaker with 20 years of experience I can tell you that parlays are nothing but sucker bets.

Also, do NOT tease these two totals in anyway as these plays are NOT from that crew out of Laughlin, Nevada that specializes in teasers

NOTE: I do not know the number Budin is looking at for the Under in the CIN/PIT game. As it has fallen to 40, tread carefully.

UA/ASU Under 57

I hit on Navy and dont follow college that much . After the Navy hit I was playing with house money for the day and I love betting the under so I tailed you here..Thanks bro :D

Edited by whomper

I hit on Navy and dont follow college that much . After the Navy hit I was playing with house money for the day and I love betting the under so I tailed you here..Thanks bro :D

Hell yeah!

my point spread picks sucked but at least I hit both the totals.

NFL tomorrow aside from the totals I wrote...

Seattle+3

Chicago+2

Denver-3.5

St Louis-3

NOTE: I do not know the number Budin is looking at for the Under in the CIN/PIT game. As it has fallen to 40, tread carefully.

Exactly. I'm very tempted to shoot for a middle in this one. Already have Under 48. Will see what the field looks like (lucky since nat TV) and will make a call later tonight. O/U can be had at 39.5....

Brandon Lang

30 DIME

Minnesota Vikings

25 DIME

Colts AND Eagles

(If your man has 7 1/2 on Colts or 3 1/2 on Eagles you buy the half and only lay -7 or -3. You NEVER, I repeat, NEVER get beat by the hook. You buy the half and only lay 7 with Indy and 3 with Eagles.)

15 DIME

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Exactly. I'm very tempted to shoot for a middle in this one. Already have Under 48. Will see what the field looks like (lucky since nat TV) and will make a call later tonight. O/U can be had at 39.5....

I'm seeing CIN/PIT at 38 now :D