[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Addai....why do I have a bad feeling about this?

quiveringnorm

Hmm. I did waive K Keith for a spot start D last week, so I have a free spot. I was planning on picking up a back-up TE for Winslow for the play-offs (waivers close as of the play-offs for my league). However, it wouldn't hurt to lock up Keith again until more is known...

Hmm. I did waive K Keith for a spot start D last week, so I have a free spot. I was planning on picking up a back-up TE for Winslow for the play-offs (waivers close as of the play-offs for my league). However, it wouldn't hurt to lock up Keith again until more is known...

I dropped Keith too and added Dayne. I needed some RB depth with guys who are getting touches. I now have K. Smith, Grant, Graham and Lynch (when and if he ever gets healthy). It may not be a bad idea to drop Dayne again and pick up Kieth. If Addai ever did get hurt he'd be a very valuable weapon to have for the playoffs.

The injury was in the first half (first quarter, IIRC) and he finished the game. So it must not be that bad.

As for bringing in another RB, it may be due to Keith's hands of stone and his inability to pick up blitzes. Right before the end of the first half, Keith failed to pick up a blitzing linebacker and Peyton got leveled. Dungy immediately yanked Keith and, despite being on the bench with the neck injury, put Addai back in.

The injury was in the first half (first quarter, IIRC) and he finished the game. So it must not be that bad.

As for bringing in another RB, it may be due to Keith's hands of stone and his inability to pick up blitzes. Right before the end of the first half, Keith failed to pick up a blitzing linebacker and Peyton got leveled. Dungy immediately yanked Keith and, despite being on the bench with the neck injury, put Addai back in.

Good info. At any rate, it was worth a buck for the move and it's not like I was going to play AZ D again this year.

Besides, this would not be the first time someone was able to play through an injury that turned out worse than initially assumed.

Edited by detlef

Good info. At any rate, it was worth a buck for the move and it's not like I was going to play AZ D again this year.

Besides, this would not be the first time someone was able to play through an injury that turned out worse than initially assumed.

I agree. I'm an Addai owner and picked up Keith immediately after Dorsey was released... and he's been on my bench ever since.

And regarding your last comment, I have two words for you: Marvin Harrison. The Colts have most definitely not been forthcoming with accurate injury information this season.

I agree. I'm an Addai owner and picked up Keith immediately after Dorsey was released... and he's been on my bench ever since.

And regarding your last comment, I have two words for you: Marvin Harrison. The Colts have most definitely not been forthcoming with accurate injury information this season.

To be honest Bill, I'm not sure if that last comment was intended to dispute or echo mine...

To be honest Bill, I'm not sure if that last comment was intended to dispute or echo mine...

:D Sorry, I have that effect on people sometimes.

It was intended to echo yours. I was referring to the "knee bruise" that Marvin suffered in the Broncos game that has kept him out for over a month now. The diagnosis was suspiciously changed to knee ligament strain and bursa sac damage recently. It's possible that they just misdiagnosed it, but my feeling is that Polian was pulling a Belichick.

Posted in another thread:

I thought the RB move was made because they had a spot to fill after releasing Rice?

Just wondering if we're making more out of this than need be...

link

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Defensive end Simeon Rice, signed two weeks ago to fill in for injured Pro Bowler Dwight Freeney, was released Tuesday by the Indianapolis Colts.

Rice, who played one season for Colts coach Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay, was claimed off waivers from Denver after Freeney suffered a season-ending foot injury at San Diego. Rice played the past two games, both as a reserve, and had one sack.

Dungy and other team officials were not available for comment, Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said.

The team also re-signed running back Luke Lawton, who played the first six games mainly on special teams, but was released last month.

All in all, a "bruised shoulder" that actually turned out to be a "neck/back injury" worthy of keeping Addai out of a game earlier that seems to have resurfaced, certainly increased the value of Keith.

Of course, there's little chance that Indy will be in a position to rest Addai down the stretch unless they absolutely have to. Home field is likely out of the question but it appears they'll either be fighting for #2 seed and a bye or just even winning the South depending on this week's outcome. Obviously, those hoping for production from Keith would prefer that Indy's play-off seed was pretty much locked down by week 15 or 16 so Indy would just put Addai on the shelf until the post season.