[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An ugly weekend of officiating

Grits and Shins

Lots of questionable calls in the CLE-ARI game.

I was listening to the JAX-IND on the radio and there were THREE reviews in the FIRST quarter.

Either the referees are becoming even more incompetent or the cheating is paramont.

How are justifiable fan complaints handled? Who reviews and disciplines officials who constantly are making bad calls? Is there any process by which officials are graded based upon how many controversial calls they either made or had something to do with?

The other rule which has just gotten out of control are the celebration penalties....I think there were a few in the Jets game....I mean come on, let someone have a good time as long as they're not marching a band out onto the field.

The other rule which has just gotten out of control are the celebration penalties....I think there were a few in the Jets game....

And lord knows, neither the Jets or the Dolphins have had much to celebrate thus far this season, so may as well let them enjoy the moment I guess, since it will no doubt be a fleeting moment at that.

I was listening to the JAX-IND on the radio and there were THREE reviews in the FIRST quarter.

Dallas Clark caught a 25yard pass between two defenders, took 4-6 steps forward when he was hit hard, ball came loose as he was going down, Jax recovered.

Dungy threw the flag that runner was down, replay clearly showed the ball coming loose as he was going down... so what did the ref call? Incomplete pass. Just threw the whole play out. Next play, 40 yard bomb to Reggie wayne.

Also, on a 3rd and long, there was a mystery pass interference on Mathis while the colts were deep in their own territory.

Both of these calls were talked about at length by the guys calling the game, they felt they were both horrible.

Those are the kinds of calls that can change the outcome of a game.

Dallas Clark caught a 25yard pass between two defenders, took 4-6 steps forward when he was hit hard, ball came loose as he was going down, Jax recovered.

Dungy threw the flag that runner was down, replay clearly showed the ball coming loose as he was going down... so what did the ref call? Incomplete pass. Just threw the whole play out. Next play, 40 yard bomb to Reggie wayne.

Also, on a 3rd and long, there was a mystery pass interference on Mathis while the colts were deep in their own territory.

Both of these calls were talked about at length by the guys calling the game, they felt they were both horrible.

Those are the kinds of calls that can change the outcome of a game.

First it was Utecht not Clark and he took no steps after the catch. He immediately started going down on his own. Since he started going down on his own, he had to maintain possession all the way to the ground for it to be a completed pass. According to Mike Pereira.

Second, Mathis clearly slapped both of Gonzalez' hands before the ball was there. The stupid commentater kept talking about Mathis left hand when Mathis was slapping Gonzalez' hands with his right.