[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brewer Homers

SLAYER

Here's the major reason the Brewers would push to overcome those obstacles: They have a hole in left field, and acquiring Rolen would allow them to move error-prone Ryan Braun to that position. Thus, they'd kill two birds with one stone, improving their defense at third and putting a young slugger in left.

Braun's agent, Nez Balelo, told me today the rookie of the year would willingly move to left if the Brewers found a third baseman that makes the team stronger.

But Melvin made it clear the sides are not close to getting a trade down.

"I don't think there's anything serious at this point," he said.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/...bout-rolen.aspx

So it sounds like Rolen would allow Braun to move to LF to replace Jenkins.

Nah cutting back to 50 this year.

With fantasy baseball, I can't do more than two leagues and one of those is a weekly lineup. The intensity of one daily lineup league like HOTD is quite enough. I count that win last year as my best fantasy win ever because of the very high quality opposition and the grueling marathon of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda had high hopes for this team after last year. but it seems that they have moved two steps back instead of forward. someone needs to tell their front office it is the 2008 season not the 2000 season. First Gagne, now Kapler and they are thinking of signing Lofton. With all of Wisconsin paying attention to the Pack they are hoping their fans don't notice until players report. :D

I kinda had high hopes for this team after last year. but it seems that they have moved two steps back instead of forward. someone needs to tell their front office it is the 2008 season not the 2000 season. First Gagne, now Kapler and they are thinking of signing Lofton. With all of Wisconsin paying attention to the Pack they are hoping their fans don't notice until players report. :D

I took Rolen on TWO teams last year and it bit me in the ass, I think his shoulder is beyond repair (Bagwell) but the Gagne deal was / WILL be the worst move they make. It goes back to Gagne being injuried in spring trainer, yet pitching thru it then AFTER he gets the guarenteed (sp) contract he reveals an arm problem. That move puts him with 100 other players, so GREED, and who wouldn't for the coin they get.... that hide an injury to get the money..

OH YEA, Move Ben Sheets' win total from 17 to 13 because of Gagne..

Slayer- I will invite you into our ESPN BASEBALL CHALLENGE this year. You will love the challenge of going against others in "The SWING DYNASTY".. Guys in our group have won the top prize 4 out of the lasy 6 years. I came in 50th worldwide and still ended up 7th in the group!!!