[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

I don't like that game at all. But if I did I would lean Colts. Reason being, the Ravens spent a lot of energy and emotion on the New England game. You have to wonder if they will have the same energy and intensity for the Colts. I would say the chances are low.

And after the demoralizing way they ended up losing that game? Could that have been the straw that broke the camels back? Will this team be able to rebound on a short week? Can Indy's defense be exploited like New Englands? Lets not forget the Colts can run the ball well, so weather conditions mean less to the Colts than they do the Patriots. The Ravens won't have that equalizer factor going for them this week.

I think Baltimore is a horrible play this week and I would advise against it. They could very easily get blown out here.

I agree Ratt, it's more likely they don't show up, but it's not impossible that BAL DOES show up, given the animosity the city feels for IND.

Unless I can get a better feel, I'm staying away entirely. Too many unknowns and much better plays out there.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bunch of information stored on my computer. I use some online sites as well for research and info. Everything from nfl.com to the myriad of sports gambling sites out there. I can't say I prefer one site over another - each serve their purpose. A lot of info is automatically downloaded into my systems every week and stored on my computer. So I always have it. I build databases for certain information/trends and keep different databases of my "top trends" which I update weekly w/ potential plays.

Got you - yea, I have a lot of info on the games I've bet over the years, and have team trends, but not much else stored. Was looking for something and came across that query tool on sportsdatabase. it's pretty interesting to play with

I just want to alert you guys that many of the venues this weekend will be experiencing bitter cold temps and possible weather, be it snow/ice/rain.

A good link to check things out:

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/NFL/

None of these will make for a "weather play" right now, but are something you should be aware of, particularly if you are getting ready to lay some big $ on games today/tonight, you may want to wait until later on Sat or Sunday AM to see what is happening w/ the weather.

BUDIN

SUNDAY'S PICKS

50 DIME PLAY

PHILADELPHIA

50 DIME 3-TEAM TEASER

JACKSONVILLE

INDIANAPOLIS

NEW ENGLAND

Reduce the points you are laying with Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and New England.

Note from Budin:

These are two SEPARATE 50 Dime selections.

Let's address the play on PHILADELPHIA first:

Guys, since we're up 772 dimes with these releases I want you to spend a little extra coin and buy down the 1/2 point in the following scenarios: This line has been a solid 3 all week long. So if you've got Philadelphia at -3 I want you to buy them down to -2 1/2 so you still win if they prevail by a field goal. And if you get stuck with Philadelphia at -3 1/2, buy down to -3 so you get a push with a field goal.

Next, let's address the THREE-TEAM TEASER on Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and New England:

Using the traditional 10 points you get in a three-team teaser, this Laughlin, Nevada-based group wants you to reduce the points you are laying with Jacksonville at home versus Carolina, reduce the points you are laying with Indianapolis at Baltimore, and reduce the number of points you are laying with New England at home versus Pittsburgh

Thanks Gdawg.

Here is Erock - he is 54/34 overall (61%) and on totals he is 18/8.

EROCKMONEY

(1.) Houston (+3.5) v. Tampa Bay

I'm really impressed with the Bucs this season, as well as, the Texans. I expected the Texans to be a terrible team this season and despite their numerous injuries they have played pretty well. The Bucs are on a roll and could have easily won two of the games they lost. However, the Bucs are due for a loss and I expect the Texans to play a strong game at home.

Pick: Texans by 3

(2.) Carolina (+10.5) at Jacksonville

I love this Jacksonville team and feel they could really make some noise come playoff time. The Jags are built to play stong defense and run the ball, which rarely leads to blowouts. Carolina has been terrible of late, but I think they will hang around in this one. The Jags will get the job done and are never really be in jeopary of the loss, but the Panthers cover the number.

Pick: Jaguars by 7

(3.) Buffalo (-7) v. Miami

The Dolphins are terrible as evident by their performance last week versus the Jets. I still the Dolphins will win a game this season, but it will probably be a game that comes out nowhere. Some "experts" are giving the Dolphins a shot this week, so this won't be the one. I like the Bills to add to the horrid season of the Dolphins.

Pick: Bills by 10

(Blowout of the Week) Dallas (-10.5) at Detroit

The Lions have officially folded this season. Dallas still remebers blowing a shot at the NFC East during the last week of the season versus Detroit last year. The Cowboys will roll in this one and add to the abysmal finish of the Lions season .

Pick: Cowboys by 17

(Upset Special) Pittsburgh (+10.5) at New England

The Patriots have come back to Earth over the past few weeks. The Patriots have a lot of holes on defense and struggle to run the ball, however they may be the best passing offense the NFL have ever seen. I'm expecting the Steelers to play a great game in this one and end the Pats dream of an unbeaten season.

Pick: Steelers by 6

(Over 38) Carolina at Jacksonville

As stated above I think Carolina will show up and put a few points on the board, while the Jags will play yet another strong game at home. This combination will push the score over for the game.

(Over 35.5) Miami at Buffalo

Miami can't seem to stop anyone and the Bills are playing solid ball at this point in the season. This is a big rivalry so the Dolphins won't roll over easily and should have some fight to them. The Bills should close it out late covering the side and the total.

WAYNE ROOT

NFL

Chairman - Eagles

Millionaire - 49ers

Money Maker - Lions

No Limit - Titans

Insiders Circle - Jets

Billionaire - Patriots

This guy is fading me big time. One of us is going to have a horrible day.

Thanks for Root, Dre.

What do you guys think of TB/HOU? Thinking of laying the -3...

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I like Tampa, but don't love them in this spot.

Thanks for Root, Dre.

What do you guys think of TB/HOU? Thinking of laying the -3...

Ive been hearing some good things about this game, the feeling around is that Houston is coming out shooting. Anyways we always play pretty good at home (unless its versus VY and the Titans :D )

On another note, I was talking to a sharp about the Pitt/NE game - and it was interesting to hear that he expects the public to take Pitt and hes sure the Pats win by 2 TDs. Interesting because Ive never heard this guy so sure about a play.

Burns NFL

TITANS (-3 or better)

Game: San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans Game Time: 12/9/2007 1:00:00 PM Prediction: Tennessee Titans Reason: I'm playing on TENNESSEE. The Chargers managed a win at KC last week. However, they've still been poor when playing Eastern games at 1:00 pm. Both their 2006 regular season losses cane when playing an "early" game. Prior to last week, the Chargers had lost all three games in that situation, losing at Green Bay, Minnesota and Jacksonville. Playing their second straight early game, facing what should be an extremely motivated Tennessee squad, I expect the Chargers to stumble here. In addition to having homefield advantage, I feel this game means more to the Titans. The Chargers obviously want to win. However, they can afford to lose and they'd still be in first place in the West, regardless of what the Broncos do. On the other hand, although they have the same record (7-5) as the Chargers, the Titans know they can't win their division (Colts are 10-2) and they're currently in a "dawg fight" with the Browns for the Wildcard spot, meaning that every game is extremely important. Not that they need any additional motivation, but the Titans won't have forgotten last season's embarrassing 40-7 loss, as nobody has beaten them that badly since. Note that while the Chargers' defense has allowed 23.5 points and 369.2 yards per game on the road, the Titans' defense has allowed only 16.5 points per game and a mere 263.7 yards per game. They should have star defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth in the lineup and that makes the defense and team significantly better. In fact, the Titans are 7-2 with Haynesworth in the lineup this season and 13-3 the past 16. The Titans are coming off an important win over Houston and they've fared well in that situation, going 17-6 ATS the last 23 times they were coming off a home win over a divisional opponent and 32-17 the last 49 times they were coming off a division win overall. Behind another big defensive effort, look for the Titans to earn the important victory. *Personal Favorite

EAGLES (-3 or better)

Game: New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Game Time: 12/9/2007 1:00:00 PM Prediction: Philadelphia Eagles Reason: I'm laying the points with PHILADELPHIA. The Giants know they can't win the division. However, they're pretty comfortable for the Wild Card. Conversely, this is truly a "must win" game for the Eagles as a loss will kill any remaining hope that they might have. They're also playing with "revenge" from a 16-3 loss at New York earlier this season. That's noteworthy as we find the Eagles at a terrific 44-22-3 ATS the last 69 times they faced a team which defeated them in the previous meeting, including 8-3 ATS since 2005. The Eagles have actually been playing very well the last four weeks. They beat Washington and Miami before losing very close games vs. the Seahawks and Patriots. Both those games could have been won if not for critical interceptions by A.J. Feeley. With McNabb expected to return, I expect the entire team to receive a boost. Note that the Eagles also expect to get back defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley and safety Quintin Mikell, both of whom missed the Seattle game with knee injuries. This is a well-coached and experienced Philadelphia team which has gone to the Super Bowl and which knows how to win at this time of year. Despite last week's loss, the Eagles remain a healthy 13-7 SU and 11-7-2 ATS their last 20 home games played in the month of December. Playing with "revenge," playing a "must win game", playing their second straight home game vs. a Giants team playing its second straight on the road, I feel the situation calls for a convincing win and cover for the Eagles. *Situational Blowout GOW

Here are my plays:

Dallas -11 large

parlays

NYG +3

Cleve -3

Dall -11

NYG +3

Tenn

Cleve -3

teaser

Dallas -1

Pitts +20.5

Colts

Kind of got carried away on the teasers and parlays, but I feel pretty good about them. Of course, I usually do on Sunday morning. :D

Ive been hearing some good things about this game, the feeling around is that Houston is coming out shooting. Anyways we always play pretty good at home (unless its versus VY and the Titans :D )

On another note, I was talking to a sharp about the Pitt/NE game - and it was interesting to hear that he expects the public to take Pitt and hes sure the Pats win by 2 TDs. Interesting because Ive never heard this guy so sure about a play.

Thanks Ratt, Mojo. I have enough going already, I'll probably just stay away.

Well, the Pats are part of Budin's teaser, I might throw a little on the side too. I've been hearing some of the same things, Mojo.

Spritzer's 2007 **NFL Game of the Year!

My GOY is a play on the Colts, minus points over Baltimore. The Ravens' players themselves, basically billed last week's game against New England as their Super Bowl. The meltdown at the end of the game, following a chain of numerous bad breaks was all I needed to see to lift the level of this game to the highest it could be. I was set to wager on the Colts, whether the Ravens won or lost that game. But the manner that they lost in should have this team's already fractured psyche in the dumper. It's pretty safe to say that the current roster couldn't be any more frustrated with their coaching staff than they already are. No one seems to see eye-to-eye with Billick any longer. The defense is not aging well and the secondary is a shell of what it was last season. The defense as a whole, is no longer intimidating. Peyton Manning, with TE Dallas Clark bringing back another dimension to this offense, will drill this once-proud stop-unit. Clark grabbed seven Manning passes last week and really opened things up for Reggie Wayne who finished with 158 receiving yards. Defensively, the Colts rank in the top-5 in points allowed, passing yardage allowed, and total yards allowed (277 per game). The Ravens got a huge game out of McGahee last week, yet still couldn't get over the top. They're 23rd in the league in total offense, and still don't have a true starting QB on the roster. Baltimore is averaging just 16 PPG during their current 6-game losing skid, and have been held to 14 points or less in four of those games. Off a physically and emotionally draining Monday night loss...and a draining season for that matter, I believe Baltimore will be as flat as they've been in seasons. I believe the Colts will cruise throughout on Sunday night with an easy win and cover. Colts 31 Ravens 9. The Colts are my NFL Game of the Year. Thanks! GL!.

Im going with:

Texans +3

Packers -10.5

Eagles -3

Cowboys -10.5

Cowboys/Detroit over 50.5 (smaller play just to offset if something goes extremely wrong, the way I see it if Dallas doesn't cover its a lower scoring game)

Browns -3.5

Bengals -9.5 (small play don't like it too much)

I will caution anyone on the Jets - they are 0-18 since 89 ATS the week before they travel to NE to face the Pats. I still have a system play on them at +3.5. Of course I like the Cle cover machine, and am contemplating reversing it, but for some reason, just can't bring myself to do it yet. It seems everyone is on them, and yet the line has fallen from -3.5 to -3 right now.

I'm very glad that I have Cincy -6.5 and it would be hard for me to lay 10 on this bad Bengals team. I'll keep my -6.5 and ride, I like that bet.

Otherwise, not a very strong card for me today. I think we will see some unexpected results in some of these games. I went normal in my system plays but went lighter in these 3.

Oak

Phi

NE

Got out of some trouble with Mayweather last night..Hit him straight up for a small amount because the -220 scared me but cashed in on the +390 prop of Mayweather winnjing by either KO, TKO or DQ..Heres my plays for today so far

St Louis Rams team total over 18 -115 for Game

Arizona Cardinals team total over 18½ -115 for Game

Tease

Football - 105 Dallas Cowboys -½ for Game

Football - 112 Green Bay Packers -½ for Game

Football - 115 San Diego Chargers +9 for Game

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): MIAMI DOLPHINS +7 vs BUFFALO

Play: MIAMI DOLPHINS +7

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: MIAMI DOLPHINS +7

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): TAMPA BAY vs HOUSTON

Play: TAMPA BAY -3

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: TAMPA BAY -3

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): CLEVELAND vs NY JETS

Play: NY JETS +3.5

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: NY JETS +3.5

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) LATE ADDITION SELECTION: KC vs DENVER

Play: KC vs DENVER OVER 37.5

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) LATE ADDITION SELECTION: Always check back by 7pm est week days and 6pm est on the Week ends. Always remember that plays posted early are always LVTR primary plays. Today's Late addition play is : KC vs DENVER OVER 37.5

Ya know how sometimes the man just chips away at you like a flesh eating fungus, slowly draining your account bit by bit?

That was happening to me. I decided to make a stand on this Sunday night. I bet the Colts -9.5 large. I bet the Colts and the Over in a parlay. I bet the Colts and the over on a teaser. I put it all on the Colts. Either get back in the game or take a vacation.

Thank you Colts. The bleeding looks to have stopped.

Ya know how sometimes the man just chips away at you like a flesh eating fungus, slowly draining your account bit by bit?

That was happening to me. I decided to make a stand on this Sunday night. I bet the Colts -9.5 large. I bet the Colts and the Over in a parlay. I bet the Colts and the over on a teaser. I put it all on the Colts. Either get back in the game or take a vacation.

Thank you Colts. The bleeding looks to have stopped.

Congrats Ratt! Good stuff :D

I ended up doing pretty well myself, I went in on NEP, SEA, and IND. Turned a somewhat poor day into a pretty good one. Once I saw both Raven corners were out, I was all over IND. Budin's three team teaser helped quite a bit too.

Hope everyone did well yesterday.