[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't look now . . .

CaptainHook

Unfortunately, they keep getting hurt. Mathis and Bethea had MRI's on their knees. No news yet. Losing Mathis would be devastating, especially with Freeney out for the year. If Mathis and Brock (who missed the game against the Ravens with a rib problem) both miss the game next week, that means the entire starting defensive line in the pre-season would be on the sidelines. They've already lost Rob Morris, Booger McFarland, Dwight Freeney, and Dante Hughes to IR. But guys have been stepping up. And with all the free agent losses and subsequent "doom and gloom" predictions that they would be worse than last year, the fact they are #2 is amazing. I figured mid to late teens at best.

Yep, and that's including the garbage points that the Ravens scored against the Colts second-stringers in the last quarter and a half of Sunday night's game.

The D has been off-the-hook this year. I still worry about the ability of their Front 4 to pressure the QB without Freeney and their still-crappy coverage teams, but I really like their chances going into the playoffs. They still managed to go 11-2 (would've been 12-1 if Adam could've made that chip-shot in SD) with Freeney/Booger/Morris on IR, Marvin missing most of the season, and Ugoh and Gonzalez missing several games... and with a really tough schedule (NE, SD, JAX twice, TEN). That's pretty f'n impressive.

I just hope that Mathis and Bethea are OK. Those guys are both very underrated and very important.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Not to mention injuries to Hagler and Keiaho and losing their #3 (Jennings) and #4 (Hughes) DB's for significant periods. The D has been wracked by injuries and still performed.

Yep, Dungy and Meeks finally got it done. Unfortunately, after reading Dungy's book, I got the impression that his time in the NFL is winding down. I hope that he stays around for at least one more year.

Unfortuanately, without Freeney, they will not be able to put the kind of pressure on Brady they did in the first game. Although I think they will continue to slide Mathis over to RE more and allow Josh Thomas to play LE. But they will have to blitz to get pressure on Tom in the play-offs, and that could be deadly.

Hopefully the offense will be healthy by then. After three terrible weeks, it looks like the offense is firing on all cylinders again. Marvin will make things even better. Just hope he is better come play-off time.

Edited by CaptainHook