[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got a Playstation 3 for X-Mas

SuperBalla

+1 on all the Assasins Creed comments. I have it on the 360 and it gets repetitive after the first 4 assisinations. I think I have one more guy to kill but I'm in no hurry to finish it because it got boring.

not to mention.... taking your time makes the guy lazy... makes him complacant... makes him make mistakes.

Only a fool fights in a burning house.

~Klingon Proverb

:wacko:

it is a pretty cool game. very unique and visually it is off the charts. absolutely loved the art direction, and the concept of being able to climb the highest church in accre and look out over the stunning views. very cool. the mechanics of movement and combat are pretty good, and also very unique and innovative. but the combat actually gets easier though as you progress throught the game...once you master some of the counter attacks you can take on basically an unlimited stream of guards and you're pretty much impervious to death. that aspect was kinda lame. but the real problem with the game is that it is so repetitive. after the first 3 or 4 assassinations it just doesn't really "go" anywhere, you just do all of the same stuff over and over again. the gameplay just becomes formulaic and really sorta boring.

overall i would say the game is definitely worth playing through once. i doubt you will have much desire to play it through again, or go back and get all of the flags or whatever. i sure didn't, even though i was definitely glad to experience the better aspects of the game. so renting may be your best bet.

I agree with this.

I think that I'm about half way through, and I'm working on swashbuckling and the like, using all of the combat moves. Its too easy otherwise.

not only does it play them, but i would have to say it is a truly outstanding DVD player. before i got the ps3 i had what was supposedly a very fine upconverting DVD player made by oppo, and i believe the ps3 renders a better image.

I've found the PS3 to be an average up-conversion DVD player....the Oppo is probably better, but considering everything that is packaged in with the PS3, I don't think it matters...

up-converting a standard DVD pales in comparison to Blu-ray...

• 2 weeks later...

if you were on the fence about purchasing a PS3...June 12th can change that...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/229521..._420aaa9d21.jpg

June 12th

package includes...

one Dual-shock controller (fumble feature brought back)

MGS4 game

80GB

still 499, but has a brand new game...and it will probably be the best game out at that point..