[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warren Sapp retires

budlitebrad

Now that he is retiring, he can go back to smoking pot, getting the munchies and blow up to 475 pounds without incurring the wrath of contract violations. He is quite a charming fellow though :wacko:

You obviously didnt see the game where he got ejected. Dude made plenty of noise that game. Ive always hated him, and I'm glad he is out of the game. When he was in Tampa, he was well known as a big dick head.

+1 Sapp has always been one of my least liked players. Right up there with the likes of Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, Romanowski... I'm glad to see him gone.

dam, lots of hate in this thread. i thought the guy was a great player. for a number of years in his prime, probably the best d-lineman in the game...easily top two or three, anyway. 7 time pro-bowler, a SB ring...sounds like a HOF career to me.

Yeah, I don't get the hate either. Sapp was a mouthy punk, but it's not like he killed dogs for sport, hit a meter maid with his car, smacked his woman around, committed statutory rape, or got a bunch of DUIs.

Yeah, I don't get the hate either. Sapp was a mouthy punk, but it's not like he killed dogs for sport, hit a meter maid with his car, smacked his woman around, committed statutory rape, or got a bunch of DUIs.

You forgot crapping in a chick's closet.

has anyone seen video of that clifton hit online? i couldn't find any. i remember watching that game live and didn't think the hit was dirty at all, mind you i was not and am not a fan of either the bucs or pack. it is the exact same thing you see happen to offensive players on INT returns ALL the time, they run with their head down and they get teed up and rocked. granted sapp hits a little harder than most and clifton was hurt, that doesn't make it a dirty play. sapp coulda maybe been a little cooler about it after he realized clifton WAS hurt, but sherman was WAY the f*ck out of line getting in sapp's face about it.

in any case, it just seems to me that for people to define sapp's career negatively based on that hit (at least according to my admittedly hazy recollection of it) is preposterous.

Edited by Azazello1313

has anyone seen video of that clifton hit online? i couldn't find any. i remember watching that game live and didn't think the hit was dirty at all, mind you i was not and am not a fan of either the bucs or pack. it is the exact same thing you see happen to offensive players on INT returns ALL the time, they run with their head down and they get teed up and rocked. granted sapp hits a little harder than most and clifton was hurt, that doesn't make it a dirty play. sapp coulda maybe been a little cooler about it after he realized clifton WAS hurt, but sherman was WAY the f*ck out of line getting in sapp's face about it.

in any case, it just seems to me that for people to define sapp's career negatively based on that hit (at least according to my admittedly hazy recollection of it) is preposterous.

The problem wasn't hitting him it was launching himself into him and while hurt laughing and high fiving teammates on the sidelines.