[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The tax rebate calculator

polksalet

this money will be used:

1. Vacation for wife and I alone in August for a few days in Bermuda

2. 46 INCH Samsung Hidef 1080 TV

please help me decide which is best way to go ?

i am leaning towards the TV

The Japanese economy wants you to buy the TV. The Bermudan economy wants you to spend it all on beer in Bermuda.

The US economy, meanwhile, continues to go down the tubes.

The Japanese economy wants you to buy the TV. The Bermudan economy wants you to spend it all on beer in Bermuda.

The US economy, meanwhile, continues to go down the tubes.

very true ... :wacko:

i do think i will go for TV to at least support US Sports ( by watching them on it ) :D

Edited by isleseeya

I usually file an extension on my taxes (self-employed and sometimes lazy). Since this is based on 2007 taxes, will I not get a rebate until I file?

Here is an article I found. http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179094,00.html

They are using 2007 tax returns to determine eligibility for the rebate so you will need to file a 2007 return to receive the rebate. So if you file late you won't receive the rebate until a 2007 return is filed.

The IRS will use information on the 2007 tax return filed by the taxpayer to determine eligibility and calculate the amount of the stimulus payments.

To accommodate taxpayers who file tax returns later in the year, the IRS will continue sending payments until December 31, 2008. The IRS also cautions taxpayers that if they file their 2007 tax return and then move their residence that they should file a change of address card with the U.S. Postal Service.