[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Trade deadline

jaxfactor

I'm ecstatic about the Pens acquiring Marion Hossa. There are those who feel like they gave up too much to get him, especially that first rounder. My only hope is that they can sign him to a longer deal. Something tells me he's gonna have alot of fun playing with Syd.

Discuss

I'm ecstatic about the Pens acquiring Marion Hossa. There are those who feel like they gave up too much to get him, especially that first rounder. My only hope is that they can sign him to a longer deal. Something tells me he's gonna have alot of fun playing with Syd.

Discuss

I heard a rumor that Hossa was going to the Canadiens, so I was surprised to see he went to Pittsburgh.

My Rangers didn't do a whole lot, but they have been playing pretty well lately so I didn't expect them to do anything major.

Discuss

I too am excited about the addition of Hossa to the Pens. An already dangerous offense just got flat out deadly. I am hopeful that they can sign him beyond this season as well. They have sold out every game this year and have the new arena coming. I also think him playing with a player like Crosby and the potential of getting a championship may be a factor in Hossa wanting to sign a deal.

Pens are one point out of first place in the Conference, all this without their starting goalie for the last 8 weeks, best player in the NHL for the past 4 weeks, and various other injuries to key players like Roberts, Talbot, Scuderi to name a few. They've been banged up. With the acquisition of Hossa, Crosby coming back, Fluery coming back, this team could make a deep run if Crosby and Hossa manage to gel. And as for those saying the Pens mortgaged their future, they're clueless. I liked Armstrong a lot, team guy, and Christensen was decent, lots of offensive ability. Esposito dropped in the draft and was cut from the Canadian Team 3 times for a reason. He might materialize, but he's a risk at best. And with the Pens looking to finish pretty high, their first round pick in '08 will be a late one. So I don't think they mortgaged much for Hossa at all. The core of this team are all still under 25 and are guys like Crosby, Malkin, Whitney, Letang, Staal and Fluery. Also, while it is possible, I don't think Shero would have done this if he didn't intend to sign Hossa to a multi-year deal. If the Pens go deep into the Playoffs, Hossa will probably want to stay in Pittsburgh as they will continue to contend.

Anywho, that's my take. :wacko:

We got Chris Simon. :wacko:

Actually, the trade I liked the best of all of them was Dallas getting Brad Richards, who I was desperately hoping would come to Minnesota. Still, the Wild are undefeated with Chris Simon in the lineup, and if he actually plays clean and leaves all the past chippiness, cheap shots, and all around goon thuggery behind him, then maybe he'll contribute to the team more than someone to deplete the reserves for bail money.

We got Chris Simon. :wacko:

Actually, the trade I liked the best of all of them was Dallas getting Brad Richards, who I was desperately hoping would come to Minnesota. Still, the Wild are undefeated with Chris Simon in the lineup, and if he actually plays clean and leaves all the past chippiness, cheap shots, and all around goon thuggery behind him, then maybe he'll contribute to the team more than someone to deplete the reserves for bail money.

I can't really see the allure in going after a guy like Simon. If you want an enforcer, get one that doesn't have a criminal history. Simon's a scumbag that should have been banned from the NHL.

So what can you tell me about Pascal DuPuis?

I can't really see the allure in going after a guy like Simon. If you want an enforcer, get one that doesn't have a criminal history. Simon's a scumbag that should have been banned from the NHL.

So what can you tell me about Pascal DuPuis?

I agree 100% on what you're saying about Simon. We already have Voros, Boogard (out with a back injury), and Fedorik, so it's not like we really needed another enforcer anyhow. On top of that, Burns is willing to drop the gloves if need be as he showed in the playoffs against the Ducks last year. The Wild really dropped the ball here by not going after Brad Richards, and they're getting torn up in the local papers about Simon.

As for DuPuis, he's a solid player with an occasional flash of offense. Where you'll really like him is on the penalty kill, and he's a solid defensive player as well. He was just one of many of that style we had here in MN a couple years ago, and thus was expendable. Also, I think the Wild were lookiing for more from him offensively and he just wasn't doing that. Still, like I said he's a great guy to have out there on a penalty kill.

52+21=73

Divide that in half and you get their average age. :wacko:

Seriously.

chit, footer still like 10 years younger than chelios, he's still got a few years in him. forsberg....well, with him it's not the age it's the damn ankles.

but i don't even care about how f'n old these guys are, it doesn't matter. my two favorite hockey players are back where they belong, that is the bottom line. i cared a lot less about hockey when the cap came along and forced them off to hockey hell (the bluejackets and flyers).

but from a purely objective standpoint as well, things are looking pretty OK for the avs right now. finally getting healthy after some devastating injuries (sakic, stastny, smyth are all back). foote and salei really solidify the blueline. forsberg? chit, if he can play he's still good for a point a game. theodore is standing on his head.