[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not impressed with iTunes...

I Like Soup

So I should have to buy *two* Ipods to so my family can listen to the *one* album... which I've already paid for?

No thanks. I've got better things to do with my money than pay three times for the same music. Heck, the only reason I've got an Ipod in the first place is because someone gave it to me as a gift.

Wouldn't you have to buy two CDs (or at the least burn a copy of one you purchased), and two CD players for you to both be able to listen to it at different locales?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you have to buy two CDs (or at the least burn a copy of one you purchased), and two CD players for you to both be able to listen to it at different locales?

i think he's saying that if he gave his wife his ipod, then he couldn't listen to ANY music, including that CD. if he has CDs, then he could have some of the CDs while she has some of the CDs and they are playing them in their cars, which already came with players in them.

when you consider that you can take your ipod anywhere, however, and it can hold your entire library of music, to me that is worth me having my own player and my wife or kids having their own as well.

Not really. I put a CD in one car. We share cars. So we both get to listen to that new CD whenever we're in that car. Its rare, if ever, that we'd want to be listening to the same CD at the same time in separate places. And when we do, I grab my Ipod and she grabs the physical CD. If/when I ever buy music off Itunes it won't be that easy. First I have to sync it to my Ipod. Second, I have to burn a physical disk for our collection. I buy enough music that doing that for every purchase would be a hassle due to lack of free time. As it is, I don't get to sleep until 1am most nights.

Not really. I put a CD in one car. We share cars. So we both get to listen to that new CD whenever we're in that car. Its rare, if ever, that we'd want to be listening to the same CD at the same time in separate places. And when we do, I grab my Ipod and she grabs the physical CD. If/when I ever buy music off Itunes it won't be that easy. First I have to sync it to my Ipod. Second, I have to burn a physical disk for our collection. I buy enough music that doing that for every purchase would be a hassle due to lack of free time. As it is, I don't get to sleep until 1am most nights.

SO, as it is now, to listen to the same music at the same time, options are:

Purchase CD

Rip CD to Itunes

Sync with Ipod

Enjoy music

Other option is:

Download song

Sync with Ipod

Burn CD (Takes about as long as ripping a CD, and you can fill it with just favorites, not just an individual album)

Enjoy music

Doesn't seem like that much more of a commitment, and if you factor in the time difference of downloading vs. driving to a store, finding desired CD, purchasing CD and driving home, it may well be much more time efficient.

But what do I know, I still buy CDs and rip them.

SO, as it is now, to listen to the same music at the same time, options are:

Purchase CD

Rip CD to Itunes

Sync with Ipod

Enjoy music

Other option is:

Download song

Sync with Ipod

Burn CD (Takes about as long as ripping a CD, and you can fill it with just favorites, not just an individual album)

Enjoy music

Doesn't seem like that much more of a commitment, and if you factor in the time difference of downloading vs. driving to a store, finding desired CD, purchasing CD and driving home, it may well be much more time efficient.

But what do I know, I still buy CDs and rip them.

I don't sit down in front of my computer to copy my music to my computer/sync my Ipod maybe but once every month or so. So I generally listen to my new CDs for quite some time before they actually end up on my Ipod. It's not so much that one process takes longer than the other. Its just that if we buy a new CD we can listen to it immediately without having to sit in front of a computer first.

"That's liberation, and baby I want it."

- Outkast

I don't sit down in front of my computer to copy my music to my computer/sync my Ipod maybe but once every month or so. So I generally listen to my new CDs for quite some time before they actually end up on my Ipod. It's not so much that one process takes longer than the other. Its just that if we buy a new CD we can listen to it immediately without having to sit in front of a computer first.

"That's liberation, and baby I want it."

- Outkast

But you still have to travel somewhere to purchase said CD. At least with ITunes, you can sit on your rump at home, download and burn a CD in likely a lot less time than it would take to travel to your music purchasing destination, find the CD of choice, purchase CD of choice, spend 30 minutes attempting to unseal the shrinkwrap and the tape stuff around the cd and then listen to it.

But you still have to travel somewhere to purchase said CD. At least with ITunes, you can sit on your rump at home, download and burn a CD in likely a lot less time than it would take to travel to your music purchasing destination, find the CD of choice, purchase CD of choice, spend 30 minutes attempting to unseal the shrinkwrap and the tape stuff around the cd and then listen to it.

I actually buy a lot of CDs on line when I'm at work. I don't have the capability to burn stuff at work; only at home. And freakin' Itunes is inexticably linked to my home computer's hard drive. (Perhaps if my library were web based, or I could take data from my Ipod and transfer it to my work computer, I'd like it more). So I buy it when I have time, it shows up whenever. I simply don't have time when I'm at home to monkey around with this stuff. And when I do get a free moment, the last thing I want to be doing is sitting down in front of a computer in my office.

Its not the amount of time that it takes that so bothersome; its more a matter of when I have time to expend that's the issue. Plus, I like getting stuff in the mail besides credit card applications and adjustable mortgage refi offers.

Edited by yo mama