[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Record warm winter for northern Europe

McBoog

Nobody told the Wilkins ice shelf that it was the coolest summer in Sydney's history, apparently.

""We are in for a lot more events like this," said professor Ted Scambos, a glaciologist at the National Snow and Ice Data Center at the University of Colorado at Boulder."

I really like how they predicted those MASSIVE and DEVASTATING hurricane seasons we were going to have in 2006 and 2007... oh wait...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously another politically motivated group.

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Coolest Winter since 2001 for U.S.,Globe

That most definitely seals the deal that global warming isn't real. Seven years is a long time....like a katrillion billion minutes. Think of how many American Idol contestants we have seen in this time period.

I find it ironic that the people posting the most stuff about global warming recently are the people who think it's overhyped.

McBoog, H8Tank, whoever... chill out. You can't call us chicken-littles unless we actually talk about it more than you. Good God.

That most definitely seals the deal that global warming isn't real. Seven years is a long time....like a katrillion billion minutes. Think of how many American Idol contestants we have seen in this time period.

This isn't something I "cherry picked" out of an article.

It is hard data.Sorry it isn't to your liking.

I find it ironic that the people posting the most stuff about global warming recently are the people who think it's overhyped.

McBoog, H8Tank, whoever... chill out. You can't call us chicken-littles unless we actually talk about it more than you. Good God.

Bro'... It is the message and the method. And as for the volume of discussion... unless you want to choose the limited sample of The Huddle posting boards as the world forum on Climal Warnging just like the alarmist have taken far too small a sample and date set for their argument...

Oh, wait! That makes sense for the chicken little position. Sorry! :wacko:

Bro'... It is the message and the method. And as for the volume of discussion... unless you want to choose the limited sample of The Huddle posting boards as the world forum on Climal Warnging just like the alarmist have taken far too small a sample and date set for their argument...

I use my own experience as the basis for all my opinions. I listen to NPR, I read the news on the internet, and I post here.

I stand by my statement. The people talking the most about global warming these days are the people trying to refute it.

If in your experience, you are being bombarded by global warming messages so much that you feel the need to come here and refute them, then I suggest you stop seeking them out. Change the source of your news.

In the past 3 weeks or so, you and H8Tank have bumped this thread or a similar one 4-5 times. Who's doing all the chicken little squawking? Alarmists? Or You?

This is like how Spain used to complain about liberals and their fascination with Jesse Jackson, but if you did a search for "Jesse Jackson" all you'd find is 300 posts by Spain. It's retarded.

...The people talking the most about global warming these days are the people trying to refute it...

...It's retarded.

The above statement takes a position that in your mind, the issue is proven, no need for further disussion. You are not interested in "refuting" a proven.

That is the problem, you have have your years of forum and now that the dissenting voices are being heard, finally, you want to end the conversation

How is trying to refute and alarmist position, alarmist? I just want everyone to slow down and approach the whole topic rationally, NOT emotionally. I think the "ignore our impact" camp is just as wrong as the oceans are rising 20 feet position is equally wrong.

I guess I'd rather be "retarded" than suffer from self-imposed ignorance :wacko: Thanx for pointing that out! :D

The people talking the most about global warming these days are the people trying to refute it.

Wow, you're comparing me and Mcbooger to a vice president speaking before the senate?!?!!? :wacko:

Will you please spin this?

I want to testify today about what I believe is a planetary

emergency—a crisis that threatens the survival of our civilization and the

habitability of the Earth. Just six weeks ago, the scientific community, in its

strongest statement to date, confirmed that the evidence of warming is

“unequivocal.” Global warming is real and human activity is the main

cause. The consequences are mainly negative and headed toward

catastrophic

Now I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty bad!!!

New evidence shows that it may be even worse than we thought...

Now I know I am a pretty powerful giant on these things called the innernest, heck I even have my own gmail account... but what have I ever said that eveb comes close to that hysteria and end of the world crap?

March 21, 2007

Wow, you're comparing me and Mcbooger to a vice president speaking before the senate?!?!!? :D

Now I know I am a pretty powerful giant on these things called the innernest, heck I even have my own gmail account... but what have I ever said that eveb comes close to that hysteria and end of the world crap?

March 21, 2007

+1 :wacko:

Wow, you're comparing me and Mcbooger to a vice president speaking before the senate?!?!!? :wacko:

March 21, 2007

Better safe than extinct, I always say. :D

March 21, 2007

Nobel for believing in Jesus? Nope, global warming.

Atomoranic, do you think global warming is man made and is going to cause the end of man?

Yes or no?

I don't think global warming is entirely an anthropogenic effect nor will it solely cause the end of man. But, I also didn't think the terrorists would win if we didn't give X-Boxs and happy meals to Iraqi's.

BKWAAAAAK!

Atomoranic, do you think global warming is man made and is going to cause the end of man?

Yes or no?

Do I think that man is adding large quantities of greenhouse gasses to the atmosphere, and otherwise adding poisons to the environment? yes.

Do I think that this can cause changes in the climate that could effect global turmoil? yes.

Wow... you guys aren't gonna like this then. :wacko:

Recently, in their Fourth Assessment Report (4AR), and faced with their failure to convince the public that the sky is falling, the IPCC delivers even more preposterous advice in ever shriller tones, saying that “Most of the observed increase in global average temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely (>90% probable) due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations”. The wobble around top-A is clearly discernible.

The IPCC’s expensive and complex computer models can be programmed to produce any desired result, and it is therefore not surprising that they uniformly predict warming since 1990. Meanwhile, the real-world global average temperature has stubbornly refused to obey this stricture. It exhibits no significant increase since 1998, and the preliminary 2007 year-end temperature confirms the continuation of a temperature plateau since 1998 to which is now appended a cooling trend over the last 3 years.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/2352

Read the whole thing. The jig is up mrs.little.

Wow... you guys aren't gonna like this then. :D

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/2352

Read the whole thing. The jig is up mrs.little.

Dr. Bob Carter is a Research Professor at James Cook University, Queensland, Australia, who studies ancient environments and climate...

Yup, sounds like a consensus to me. :wacko:

Again boys and girls. Emiissions are poisonous and we should strive to reduce them as close to zero as possible.

The IPCC has some agenda, whatever it was I don't care, but as far as science, their sample was too small and they drew conclusions BEFORE developing a hypothosis... = BAD SCIENCE.

My biggest fear is that as this fraud is exposed, will we take for granted the real, tangible dangers of our machines effect on the environment and stop worrying about trying to make them as clean as possible? :D

Edited by McBoog