[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An observation about Farve's retirement

muck

i believe strongly he shoulc not have left the game yet and not with the last pass to be the final play of his career

i do not understand why he is so mentally tired

you have a very good , young talented team on the rise ..you are da MAN in GB ...Take the time ioff for spring and summer and then recharge the battery one more time

i believe strongly he shoulc not have left the game yet and not with the last pass to be the final play of his career

you have a very good , young talented team on the rise ..you are da MAN in GB ...Take the time ioff for spring and summer and then recharge the battery one more time

He feels a lot of pressure but it's self inflicted. Many leaders and type A personalities take too much on their shoulders when things don't work out. He often talked about feeling alone because so many players are so young. I think Rogers can run the 5 WR offense better because he isn't as much of a gun slinger, but I never wanted Brett to leave.

I think he's been trying that for the last few years. The year he kept everyone in limbo was the year he probably had enough.

I think he's been trying that for the last few years. The year he kept everyone in limbo was the year he probably had enough.

Everyone all year kept on saying how much fun he was having. Towards the end of the year, he basically said he was going to come back. It doesn't completely add up to me. I don't see how the Moss thing would have a huge impact. Their receivers are already good, he really likes Jennings and Driver, and they were one bad pass away from making it to the super bowl last year. I do understand how he can be mentally tired. But i think that might have changed (still might?) as it got closer to the season.

Everyone all year kept on saying how much fun he was having. Towards the end of the year, he basically said he was going to come back. It doesn't completely add up to me. I don't see how the Moss thing would have a huge impact. Their receivers are already good, he really likes Jennings and Driver, and they were one bad pass away from making it to the super bowl last year. I do understand how he can be mentally tired. But i think that might have changed (still might?) as it got closer to the season.

It's possible. He did say if he got to the SB and didn't win it would be a failure. This year he seemed to say he wanted a huge advantage in his favor. Moss would have given him that.

Last year the extreme cold seemed to hurt him more than in years past. Who knows?

As far as being mentally challenged he could have skipped training camp and got more time off. Much of his stress is self inflicted. He tries to put the team on his shoulders when things are tough even when the team tells him not to.

Maybe in July his wife and kids will say "Brett you gotta get out of the house. We can't take it any more. You have to play again" :wacko:

Guest Chappy
He feels a lot of pressure but it's self inflicted. Many leaders and type A personalities take too much on their shoulders when things don't work out. He often talked about feeling alone because so many players are so young. I think Rogers can run the 5 WR offense better because he isn't as much of a gun slinger, but I never wanted Brett to leave.

Interesting comment and one that could certainly pan out. However, we'll have to see what the kid's got. Yeah I know he had one good showing against a Cowboy team that hadn't seen him and was prepared for Favre's style of play which they absolutely shut down. When teams prepare for Rogers will he have the same success? I remember people talking about how he sucked, didn't have the arm and wasn't going to be anything but a backup. I even thought he might've been headed out of GB as Favre continued to stay and play year after year.

Guest Chappy
It's possible. He did say if he got to the SB and didn't win it would be a failure. This year he seemed to say he wanted a huge advantage in his favor. Moss would have given him that.

Last year the extreme cold seemed to hurt him more than in years past. Who knows?

As far as being mentally challenged he could have skipped training camp and got more time off. Much of his stress is self inflicted. He tries to put the team on his shoulders when things are tough even when the team tells him not to.

Maybe in July his wife and kids will say "Brett you gotta get out of the house. We can't take it any more. You have to play again" :wacko:

Problem is he won't be in the house. He'll be hunting, fishing and golfing his arse off. I wouldn't be shocked however, to see him around the team, which could sway his decision.