[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bought a 50 inch Samsung plasma 2 weeks a go...

HowboutthemCowboys

...it crapped the bed yesterday. :wacko: Purple wavy lines all over the place. Called Samsung last night and they sent a local repairman out today. He said he's order the pixel board and fix it early next week.

Called Circuit City today and will be getting a replacement TV ( same model) delivered Saturday. :D

Anyone else have any problems with their plasma? The local guy said he sees it quite often.

...it crapped the bed yesterday. :wacko: Purple wavy lines all over the place. Called Samsung last night and they sent a local repairman out today. He said he's order the pixel board and fix it early next week.

Called Circuit City today and will be getting a replacement TV ( same model) delivered Saturday. :D

Anyone else have any problems with their plasma? The local guy said he sees it quite often.

I didnt know Samsungs made plasmas.

Many of my friends own plasmas and my old plasma went through a flood (completely submurged) and all of them work 100%.

The one that went under water needed minor repairs (replace power supply)

Samsung displays are usullay rock solid. I guess you can get a bad unit from any manufacturer. Sure is tough to beat when it comes to picture quality. At least as far as LCDS go. Next time you are in Circuit City...stand back and look at the samsung and then look at the Sony Bravia...not even close in picture quality.

I wouldnt get worried about wha a repair man says...I mean hes a repair man so he sees broken TVs all day.

He doesnt go to someones house to see a working TV.

I said something similar to a person at a Verizon store a few years back.

It was when Nokia had like a 75% share of the cell phone market. My wife's phone, a Nokia, was acting up and the guy said he wasn't surprised as half the repairs they get are for Nokia. I looked at him then said something to the affect of, well, wouldn't you expect that given they have 75% of the market, in fact, doesn't that bode well for them if they are 75% of the market and only 50% of the problem phones.

He stared blankly at me.

I said something similar to a person at a Verizon store a few years back.

It was when Nokia had like a 75% share of the cell phone market. My wife's phone, a Nokia, was acting up and the guy said he wasn't surprised as half the repairs they get are for Nokia. I looked at him then said something to the affect of, well, wouldn't you expect that given they have 75% of the market, in fact, doesn't that bode well for them if they are 75% of the market and only 50% of the problem phones.

He stared blankly at me.

Our American education system at work. Let's make sure we continue to reduce that budget so we can send more troops to the Middle East. And then we have more dumb ones to send - see, its a great cycle......

I wouldnt get worried about wha a repair man says...I mean hes a repair man so he sees broken TVs all day.

He doesnt go to someones house to see a working TV.

That's right. Like the doctor complaining because he only see sick people. :wacko: