[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Am Legend

Avernus

Theatrical vs Alternate  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which "I Am Legend" ending was worse?

• Theatrical
    • Alternate
    • both were so bad that I can't decide.

How do you suppose they should have killed the dog off then? With a treat filled with poison? They shot the scene so that everyone watching would feel emotion... Sadness, anger, whatever it is that you felt. Those scenes can give a movie much more power.

it wasn't even that....when the dog dies....there is nothing left that he has to communicate with...and he was a damm good dog :wacko:

OK, he breaks it's neck, in the two movies I've indicated the dog is shot. :D

You wish to put the spike hands of Christ in everyone's face and be the proverbial "clanging cymbal" the Apostle Paul speaks of, yet you can't handle the neck breaking of a dog in a movie... :wacko:

I think he means the fact that the dog died protecting him...

I don't think so, I think he was talking about the fact that Smith had to break it's neck. The dogs in the two movies I quoted died protecting their masters as well.

the other movies didn't have this affect to me....I can't quite put my finger on it...

it's almost as if when I watched the movie, I could put myself in his shoes...

the other movies didn't have this affect to me....I can't quite put my finger on it...

it's almost as if when I watched the movie, I could put myself in his shoes...

I'll admit I could be cold to it, as I've had to put a dog down that attacked a friend, and had to give a cat away that didn't want to give an inch to my then toddler. But animals are animals, and even though there's nothing like a loving pet, humans come first.

Well, most humans...

I'll admit I could be cold to it, as I've had to put a dog down that attacked a friend, and had to give a cat away that didn't want to give an inch to my then toddler. But animals are animals, and even though there's nothing like a loving pet, humans come first.

Well, most humans...

that's not what I mean though....

I mean that dog is the last known living thing to him that has any sort of understanding and actually helps him...

Accidentally posted this in another thread. :D

SPOILER ALERT

The scene that confuses me is when Wil gets strung up by the trap. Who set the trap? Surely the zombies arent that intelligent . I thought maybe he fell into his own trap as it was designed pretty much like the one he snagged the zombie biatch with. Being by yourself for 3 years could make the mind play tricks on you couldn't it? :wacko:

Accidentally posted this in another thread. :D

SPOILER ALERT

The scene that confuses me is when Wil gets strung up by the trap. Who set the trap? Surely the zombies arent that intelligent . I thought maybe he fell into his own trap as it was designed pretty much like the one he snagged the zombie biatch with. Being by yourself for 3 years could make the mind play tricks on you couldn't it? :wacko:

that's what I referred to earlier in the "Fred" comment...

how did Fred get there?.....he also mentions this when talking to that chick....

about how the trap was set by someone....aside from the fact that Fred ended up at another part of town as if someone was screwing with him and had the psychological capacity to do so......

this is something the Darkseekers are not supposed to be capable of doing as they pretty much love darkness, hate light, yell a lot and bash their heads into stuff....

That's just it though: The zombies were starting to change, to become more intelligent, and even starting to venture out into the light. They did set that trap for him.

I can't recommend the book enough.....it was fantastic IMO. It was written back in the 50's or 60's, and I can't for the life of me see why they had to change anything in the book for the movie, especially the ending. An Indie production company could come along and write that thing up in a month, shoot it in 3, and it would be the best thing since Shawshank. I was very disappointed in this Will Smith version.

That's just it though: The zombies were starting to change, to become more intelligent, and even starting to venture out into the light. They did set that trap for him.

I can't recommend the book enough.....it was fantastic IMO. It was written back in the 50's or 60's, and I can't for the life of me see why they had to change anything in the book for the movie, especially the ending. An Indie production company could come along and write that thing up in a month, shoot it in 3, and it would be the best thing since Shawshank. I was very disappointed in this Will Smith version.

so it was as if they mutated into another species altogether?

so it was as if they mutated into another species altogether?

The wife and I just watched the theater version last night. I thought it was well done. Will is a great actor and carried the film.

That said, what they were trying to show with the creatures and the trap scene is that they are now the dominant species and are beginning to build a societal fabric: leadership, keeping pets, etc. As in the book, human kind as we know it is gone.

It takes the protagonist quite awhile to realize it, but when he does after years of surviving against the "inhuman" hordes, he comes to grips with the fact that he is the outsider, the monster so to speak.