[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so let's show DMD we can stay on "issues"

Azazello1313

We can have the real "no child left behind" schools on the one hand, and the "you're on your own, dumbass" school on the other. I kinda like it.

:wacko: I love the concept of no child left behind mixed with deliberately leaving some children behind.

Not that I disagree with you. There should not be pressure to pass kids who don't want to pass.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Az called someone a 'chinaman'. :wacko:

state-owned corporations which probably have competitive advantages over privately run American companies.

Typical democrat, nothing a little gov't can't do. I really hope you don't believe this nonsense.

private schools cost an arm and a leg and often employ bottom-of-the-barrel teachers because they can't afford to pay much,

Bold faced lie. My daughter has been in private school since she was 3, and it cost less than half what day care woulda cost.

Guest Chappy
My daughter has been in private school since she was 3, and it cost less than half what day care woulda cost.

Not looking to hyjack. What do you think about the education/experience your daughter is getting/has gotten at the private school? I for one went to private school for a period of time when I was a kid. However, it was a brutal experience as there were very few good teachers and too much time was spent not educating. Just to clarify, my private school just so happened to be a Catholic school and maybe that was the difference if her's isn't.

Our nation's inability to get low-cost prescription drugs from trusted sources (like Canada) is a sterling example.

We should stop selling drugs to kanaduh is my opinion. Let them pay market value, or make thier own. Price controls help no one.

Requiring radiologist to me licensed here is just another tax like a fishing license.

But I get the fact that people hide protectionism behind the guise of quality control all the time. Our nation's inability to get low-cost prescription drugs from trusted sources (like Canada) is a sterling example.

America's free-market approach to the spam companies is responsible for just about all of the new therapies worldwide. The fact that the spam companies can sell to a huge market like America at market value (and not the "negotiated" prices that the Canadian and European governments demand) for the duration of the patent lifetime allows them to pump a ton of money into their R&D budgets (some of these companies spend up to $10 million PER DAY on R&D). If you take that away, the research budgets will shrink drastically and the production of new therapies will slow to a crawl. Hundreds of thousands of highly-educated and highly-skilled people will also be put out of work.

The media never mentions that there are a ton of low-cost prescription GENERIC drugs available in America. And they're cheaper than in Europe and Canada because of the high level of competition between American companies who jump on producing drugs and selling them at a discount the minute that they go off patent. Unless you absolutely need a cutting-edge therapy that is still on patent, you're not paying that much more than the rest of the industrialized world. IMO, the cost of health insurance is a greater problem than the cost of the therapies.

What do you think about the education/experience your daughter is getting/has gotten at the private school?

It is exceptional. She has maybe 10 in her class, she is 5 and has been going 8am-3pm mon-fri all year, before that it was half day m/w/f, when she was 3 it was halfday T/T.

Her cousin who she sees almost everyday is the same age and goes to public school. The gov't schools here are good, but she is not as far along as Em is. Em can now read all the signs in the simpsons, and the intro chalk board gag w/Bart. If that doesn't say successful I wouldn't know what to say so I'd probably just punch you in the scrotum.

The media never mentions that there are a ton of low-cost prescription GENERIC drugs available in America. And they're cheaper than in Europe and Canada because of the high level of competition between American companies who jump on producing drugs and selling them at a discount the minute that they go off patent. Unless you absolutely need a cutting-edge therapy that is still on patent, you're not paying that much more than the rest of the industrialized world. IMO, the cost of health insurance is a greater problem than the cost of the therapies.

Good info here. Generics are precisely the same as Brand X. There's no need to pay high sums unless you have to have a new drug. My company (self-insured) is always banging on about using generics to keep costs down so most people do.

• 1 month later...