[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like the economy may be picking up.

Perchoutofwater

Reed Construction Data is estimating the Construction GDP .5% in the first two quarters of 08 and rise between 2.8% to 3.1% Q3 08 to Q4 09. This is based on all sectors of construction. They show new home construction improving, but by the 4Q 09 will still be below the near all time high in the Q3 07. Transportation, and Power are all estimated to see double digit improvement in both 08 and 09. Construction for Manufacturing is to see a 21% increase for 08 and pull back slightly in 09. The sectors I generally deal with are Medical and Educational. Medical is estimated to see a 8% increase in 08, and a 10% increase in 09. Educational is estimated to see a 9% increase on 08 and a 6% increase in 09.

Reed Construction Data is estimating the Construction GDP .5% in the first two quarters of 08 and rise between 2.8% to 3.1% Q3 08 to Q4 09. This is based on all sectors of construction. They show new home construction improving, but by the 4Q 09 will still be below the near all time high in the Q3 07. Transportation, and Power are all estimated to see double digit improvement in both 08 and 09. Construction for Manufacturing is to see a 21% increase for 08 and pull back slightly in 09. The sectors I generally deal with are Medical and Educational. Medical is estimated to see a 8% increase in 08, and a 10% increase in 09. Educational is estimated to see a 9% increase on 08 and a 6% increase in 09.

If true, this is good news.

Hope we have seen the bottom and are on the up and up. I have seen as many new starts in the last 4 weeks as I've had in the last 3 months, so it seems the housing market is crawling forward a bit. I can deal with a slow and steady increase in production, but the halt we've seen for 6-8 months I can only hope has passed.

I know that March saw a decrease in building permits , so I don't know if I just lucked out locally with my builders.

If true, this is good news.

Reed is normally pretty accurate. They call us so much almost to the point of being bothersome, wanting to know what we have on the books, size, type, and when it's going to bid. They are a firm that advertises bids, and hosts digital plans for subcontractors to look at that are out for bid. Most if not all commercial contractors use them, and thus are interviewed on a regular basis by them. I have a lot of faith in the commercial estimates. I'm not sure how in touch they are with residential, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have a pretty good handle on that as well.