[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Improvement / Tax Question

Perchoutofwater

I'm thinking of changing out the windows on my house, and possibly changing the lights to LEDs, possibly getting a higher SEER HVAC and if my wife gets her way some new appliances. Anyway, I know the interest on home improvement loans is tax deductible but I'm not planning on getting a loan. Anyway don't you get some kind of tax break for installing/purchasing these energy saving or "green" items?

I'm thinking of changing out the windows on my house, and possibly changing the lights to LEDs, possibly getting a higher SEER HVAC and if my wife gets her way some new appliances. Anyway, I know the interest on home improvement loans is tax deductible but I'm not planning on getting a loan. Anyway don't you get some kind of tax break for installing/purchasing these energy saving or "green" items?

You'd have to ask a tax professional.

You do but I'm not sure what it is. My friend just put in some energy efficient windows and got some sort of deduction.

I believe you get a few hundred dollar credit on the windows and/or HVAC. possibly with some of the appliances as well. I recently bought a front loading washer, and that entitled me to a rebate but it was from the local water board people.

I believe you get a few hundred dollar credit on the windows and/or HVAC. possibly with some of the appliances as well. I recently bought a front loading washer, and that entitled me to a rebate but it was from the local water board people.

I just bought one of those too, the thing is fantastic but I had no idea I could get some sort of rebate for it. Any idea if this is a nationwide thing?

I just read on that site I linked that the expiration of these credits was Dec. 31, 2007. Not sure if Congress renewed this.

Just saw on Rockn's link where the Senate must pass the renewal of the credits and the must President sign.

Edited by Double Agent