[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oil goes up

Ramhock

Supply is not as high because of decreased refinery capacity and also due to the seasonal switch over. There are also other issues that will lead to the higher pricng as well relating to when inventory was purchased.

:wacko: (Worth a click to see the pic)

Oil Exec Struggles With Gas Price Excuses

HOUSTON (CAP) - The anonymous middle-aged white overweight Texas oil executive who arbitrarily decides what gas prices will be in this country admitted yesterday that it was "very difficult" coming up with an excuse for the most recent surge in prices.

With no hurricanes anywhere near the Gulf of Mexico, record crude surpluses around the world, unseasonably warm temperatures across the country, and no successful terrorist attacks on Middle Eastern oil fields, the executive reportedly had to "dig deep" this time around. He settled on some b.s. about "strained relations with Iran, unrest in Nigeria, and unrelenting demand in China, India, and the Middle East," which the media ate up.

"I used this same one in 1983," he said. "I was really trying my ass off to work Angelina Jolie's baby and Namibia into this one, but I just got tired and went to bed, instead."

The executive also said the surge was caused, in part, by a phone call he got a call last week from a buddy at Exxon Mobil, Corp. The early word from company accountants was that Exxon Mobil's second quarter profits were expected to be down 1.7% to $95.6 billion. As a result, the company is expected to announce 3,000 layoffs at three refineries in Alaska.

"Price surges are so much easier to explain during hurricane season and in the summer when people actually believe there is significantly more demand," he said. "But when the stock market takes a dip and we just need more cash on hand, it can really be a bitch."