[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kobe wins MVP

Cyclones

With Kobe, West would not be needed nor have a roll on the Hornets.

David West, ladies and gentlemen....38 and 14 vs. the defending champs in a crucial game 5, but would be relegated to mop up duty (at best) if Kobe were on his team.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and in no way , shape or form , should kobe have had 3 mvp's by now as indicated in initial thread ...not even close

Kobe is super talented but was not a leader , was not a player that had made players around him better , he took way too many shots and did not make the lakers anything close to resembling winners

Duncan , Nash and now Paul fit those descriptions over past few seasons ...not Kobe ..this year Kobe did alot more to earn MVP honors but i stilll believe it should have went to Paul

Sorry, I must have misread the name of the award. I thought it was "Most Valuable Player," not "Guy who did most to make his teammates better and get them more involved in the offense and be a leader and not take too many shots award."

I stand corrected.

Sorry, I must have misread the name of the award. I thought it was "Most Valuable Player," not "Guy who did most to make his teammates better and get them more involved in the offense and be a leader and not take too many shots award."

I stand corrected.

Its just that most people define it as the "Most Valuable Player to Your Team" and not the "Most Valuable Player in a One on One Game".

Its just that most people define it as the "Most Valuable Player to Your Team" and not the "Most Valuable Player in a One on One Game".

Who are "Most people?" Apparently not the people who voted on the award. To me, its pretty straight forward - you have a guy who was 2nd in the league in scoring, is the league's best perimeter defender, who's team had the best record in the most competitive conference of all time, that sounds like the "Most Valuable Player" to me.

CP3 is incredible, no doubt. Reminds me of Isaiah in his prime. But right now, today, Kobe is the best player in the world. End of discussion.

Who are "Most people?" Apparently not the people who voted on the award.

Apparently, "most people" actually do vote on the award and have not given it to Kobe until this year when he did (for the first time in his career) elevate his teammates and put the team before himself.