[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raider, Buc, Saint and Carolina, Bear and Titan News.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

Raider News

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...;entry_id=26540

JaMarcus Russell Not at 300 lbs.

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said QB JaMarcus Russell is in great shape and Russell said he's down to 269 pounds. "I was never even close to 300 pounds," Russell said of the offseason rumors.

Russell got a late start last season, so draft him like a starting quarterback with very little experience. Yes, that means don't draft him at all unless it is to be your QB3 or if you are in a very deep league.

| May 15, 2008 3:42 PM

-------------------------------

Curry Has Foot Surgery

Raiders WR Ronald Curry is hurt again. After an injury-free 2007 season, Curry had foot surgery two weeks ago and will miss at least another two weeks.

The surgery doesn't seem to serious and Curry should be fine for training camp. Curry and Javon Walker will be the starting WRs in Oakland, but the right arm of JaMarcus Russell will determine their fantasy value.

| May 15, 2008 3:39 PM

-----------------------------

Huff Moving Positions

Raiders S Michael Huff has been moved from strong safety to free safety, making room for free-agent S Gibril Wilson in the box. HC Lane Kiffin said they may still alternate.

Huff and Wilson should provide a very solid backend to the secondary for the Raiders and Wilson should help the troubled run defense of the Raiders. Both players should be solid IDP performers, but Wilson is the guy you will want to take in the top-10.

| May 15, 2008 3:34 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buccaneer News

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/4185

Clayton Hoping for Big Return

After an outstanding rookie season Bucs WR Michael Claytonhas had a rough three years mainly because of numerous injuries. Clayton said, "I just continue to work hard. I do my best to be a complete player, and to do whatever it takes to win. I'll always keep that attitude, and I'll always work hard, but it is time to turn it up a notch."

The team signed WR Antonio Bryant and drafted WR Dexter Jackson hoping somebody could become a weapon opposite of WR Joey Galloway, and Clayton has shown the potential and has a good frame. Bryant has outstanding size but is inconsistent and has an attitude problem, and Jackson is even smaller than Galloway, so he'll need to be in the slot early to make an impact. Our money is Clayton becomes the number two in Tampa, but his value is still low because of their conservative run first offense.

| May 15, 2008 12:41 PM

----------------------------

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/4184

Simms Status Still Uncertain

Bucs GM Bruce Allen said that the status of QB Chris Simms, who has decided not to participate until his role with the team can be made clear, has not changed. There has been speculation that Simms may be traded or released prior to the start of training camp. "I've talked to his representatives a number of times - no change," Allen said. "My talks with all of the representatives are confidential."

With QB Jeff Garcia, QB Luke McCown, QB Josh Johnson, and QB Brian Griese on the depth chart we'd find it hard to believe Simms will be a Buc at the start of the season, so it should be interesting to see if they can trade him or if they'll have to cut him. We'll need to see where Simms ends up before we can put a value on his potential performance.

| May 15, 2008 12:29 PM

------------------------------

Bucs GM Talks Graham Contract

RB Earnest Graham is angling for a new contract was a no-show for the fifth OTA (organized team activity), but his absence didn't seem to bother Allen. "Earnest really performed well for us last year and he wasn't at most of the offseason program last year," Allen said. "He's a young man who takes care of himself and I'm sure he'll be prepared."

The Bucs are taking the same stance here as they are with QB Jeff Garcia. Garcia is also holding out, and the Bucs have QB's stockpiled in that case; if Graham holds out they have RB's ready to go too. Graham had 898 yards and 10 TD's rushing and added 49 catches last season. He'll be a big part of the offense, and he is worth a RB2 if he shows up.

| May 15, 2008 12:11 PM

--------------------------

Bucs GM Talks about Garcia

One day QB Jeff Garcia talks about his contract, the next GM Bruce Allen responds. "Each player has to handle his business the way he handles it," Allen said, noting that he didn't have a problem with Garcia going public with his unhappiness over his contract." Allen later added, "We're in good shape. Everything that we're focused on is for the upcoming season and the seasons to come, and we want to make sure that our team is prepared for that."

The Bucs have apparently have a plan in place to keep the team out of salary cap turmoil and to rebuild while remaining competitive, that must be part of the deal with Garcia's contract. They don't want to pay too much for a guy near the end of the line when they might have a future QB on their roster (Luke McCown or raw rookie Josh Johnson). Again, keep an eye on the situation because they have options at QB if Garcia holds out.

| May 15, 2008 11:55 AM

---------------------------

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/05/a-quick-cadilla.html

Cadillac Plans for Training Camp

Bucs RB Cadillac Williams is still working toward returning to the lineup after last season's devastating patellar tendon tear. Williams isn't backing off his stated goal of participating in training camp in some capacity, even though he remains a long way from gaining medical clearance to take the field. "It's a matter of when I'm going to be back," he said. "I know I'm going to be playing on this field again. I know I'm going to be productive."

Tampa Bay will likely be a position putting Caddy on the PUP or not before the season starts. With Warrick Dunn, Earnest Graham, and Michael Bennett in the backfield it should make the decision somewhat easy. We advise you to stay away from Caddy because of his healthy and the depth chart.

| May 14, 2008 11:03 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saint News

http://www.sunherald.com/251/story/558548-p2.html

Johnson Has Setback

Saints TE Eric Johnson had a minor setback when he had a scope performed on his ankle during the offseason according to HC Sean Payton.

No other details were given on the Johnson setback, but we assume he will be back in training camp with the Saints. Johnson is a low end TE1 in PPR leagues. Before you draft Johnson make sure that the Saints have traded for Jeremy Shockey yet. It could happen...

---------------------

McKenzie Out Till Camp

Saints CB Mike McKenzie will be a no go until at least training camp and probably longer after recovering from ACL surgery.

McKenzie can be a good corner in the league, but isn't a strong IDP player, so don't bother drafting him. Especially with him coming off an ACL surgery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panther News

http://www.charlotte.com/507/story/624724.html

Stewart to Return Kicks

First-round draft pick RB Jonathan Stewart could be the Carolina Panthers' primary kickoff returner next season as well as their featured running back.Coach John Fox dropped the news at a Charlotte Touchdown Club luncheon Wednesday when asked who would be the team's kickoff returner.

Stewart averaged 28.7 yards per return while in college at Oregon and should improve the starting field position for the Panthers. He will also compete with DeAngelo Williams for the starting running back job. We expect both backs to get 10 or more carries which will hurt their fantasy value. Stewart should be drafted very high in dynasty leagues.

| May 15, 2008 11:18 AM

--------------------------

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/624797.html

Godfrey Impressive Early

CB/S Charley Godfrey, a rookie from Iowa, impressed Coach John Fox at minicamp. "We put him with the first group to start with. He adapted well. One of the good (things) was WR Steve Smith said, 'Man, that (number) 30 is pretty good.' Smitty doesn't give out a lot of compliments."

Godfrey is playing S for the Panthers, and that appears to be where they will keep him for now. He might be a sleeper pick in an IDP league, but you're better off not taking him. While he might not be good in an IDP league, he could be a part of a better Panthers defense this season.

| May 15, 2008 11:44 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear News

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3394788

Still More to Urlacher Dispute

Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher skipped voluntary workouts, trying to show the Bears his unhappiness with his current contract. Since the team hasn't budged, he now says that he'll likely skip involuntary workouts as well. According to multiple media reports on Tuesday, the middle linebacker said that he expects to boycott the mandatory minicamp that runs from May 30 to June 1. Urlacher told the Tribune that it's premature to think he'll skip training camp as well. "Training camp is a long way away [July 23], and I expect there will be some dialogue between my agents and the Bears before then," Urlacher said.

Urlacher is making a huge deal out of this considering he has four years left on his nine-year, $56.5 million contract. Urlacher was a force last year in IDP leagues; he led the Bears in tackles with 123 and added five sacks and five interceptions. He certainly is still a valuable defender because of his tackle numbers, and he's always good for a few interceptions and sacks, so this is a big time dispute for fantasy owners. Keep an eye on this situation as the Bears do not appear to be budging one inch right now.

| May 15, 2008 11:21 AM

Titan News

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...52/1027/RSS0201

Chris Hope is Back

Titans S Chris Hope has been fully participating in OTAs with the club this week. Hope underwent neck and spinal cord surgery last year.

Hope was a disappointment last season with only 49 tackes and two INTs in 11 games. He should be back to making plays this season, but be cautious when you draft him because of the injury history.

| May 15, 2008 11:24 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simms Status Still Uncertain

Bucs GM Bruce Allen said that the status of QB Chris Simms, who has decided not to participate until his role with the team can be made clear, has not changed. There has been speculation that Simms may be traded or released prior to the start of training camp. "I've talked to his representatives a number of times - no change," Allen said. "My talks with all of the representatives are confidential."

With QB Jeff Garcia, QB Luke McCown, QB Josh Johnson, and QB Brian Griese on the depth chart we'd find it hard to believe Simms will be a Buc at the start of the season, so it should be interesting to see if they can trade him or if they'll have to cut him. We'll need to see where Simms ends up before we can put a value on his potential performance.

Nice to see Simms practicing already for his future without football. You hate to see a guy just get thrown into that situation instead of easing into it like Simms is. How this guy has drawn a paycheck at all as a NFL QB is beyond my comprehension.

Stewart to Return Kicks

First-round draft pick RB Jonathan Stewart could be the Carolina Panthers' primary kickoff returner next season as well as their featured running back.Coach John Fox dropped the news at a Charlotte Touchdown Club luncheon Wednesday when asked who would be the team's kickoff returner.

Stewart averaged 28.7 yards per return while in college at Oregon and should improve the starting field position for the Panthers. He will also compete with DeAngelo Williams for the starting running back job. We expect both backs to get 10 or more carries which will hurt their fantasy value. Stewart should be drafted very high in dynasty leagues.

Is there something seriously wrong with Fox's synapses in his gray matter? First he's got D Williams, who showed in college that he can tote the rock relentlessly, and even though every time he's gotten an opportunity he's shown that his talent translates completely to the NFL level, Fox insists on having him be a part time player behind a turd like Foster. Now Fox uses a middle 1st round draft pick on another potentially very good RB who also ought to be able to absorb a good load, and he plans on using the guy on kick returns?

You guys can say what you want about DEN RBs, but the situation in CAR with this guy at the helm is even worse. You've got 2 guys who easily could be 20 carry a game, 1400 yd season type guys and they probably are both going to end up averaging 13 carries each a game for 900 yd seasons, with each guy possibly going off for an occasional random good game.

:wacko:

Nice to see Simms practicing already for his future without football. You hate to see a guy just get thrown into that situation instead of easing into it like Simms is. How this guy has drawn a paycheck at all as a NFL QB is beyond my comprehension.

Now that the Falcons have a new QB he could be released.

Maybe it's early and I am not fully awake yet, but what would the Falcons having a new QB have to do with the Bucs releasing Simms?

It keeps Simms from going to a division opponent. I thought the same thing at first, then it dawned on me.

If thats not it, I got nothing...

It keeps Simms from going to a division opponent. I thought the same thing at first, then it dawned on me.

If thats not it, I got nothing...

PEEPS!

I'm sure you're right, but with the way he's played, I'd WANT him on a divisional opponent's roster!

Maybe it's early and I am not fully awake yet, but what would the Falcons having a new QB have to do with the Bucs releasing Simms?

:D

There were a lot of rumors last year after Vick left the Bucs didn't want to release Simms because Atlanta would grab him. They were used to a left handed QB and they liked Simms. That was before they got Leftwich.

They didn't want Simms in their division.

"What...no love for Randall?"

:wacko: Of course not.

You don't know it yet but I'm one of the most hated people around here.

There were a lot of rumors last year after Vick left the Bucs didn't want to release Simms because Atlanta would grab him. They were used to a left handed QB and they liked Simms. That was before they got Leftwich.

They didn't want Simms in their division.

"What...no love for Randall?"

:wacko: Of course not.

You don't know it yet but I'm one of the most hated people around here.

That's everyone else's loss then bro...don't let my piddling total of 4,001 posts fool you. I have been here for a decade and I don't hate you.

Your point above is well-taken. Thanks for the info. :D

That's everyone else's loss then bro...don't let my piddling total of 4,001 posts fool you. I have been here for a decade and I don't hate you.

Your point above is well-taken. Thanks for the info. :wacko:

Congrats on 4k!

Oh and if you dont hate Randall, then we cant be friends anymore. :D

Guest Chappy
Just look who posted it and you have your answer.

What...no love for Randall?

Your point above is well-taken. Thanks for the info. :D

:D

Why?

Congrats on 4k!

Oh and if you dont hate Randall, then we cant be friends anymore. :D

...PEEPS!...

...peeps.....:D

Freakin' Hijackers!!!! :brew:

Does Simms have anything left? And how many QB's can Tampa carry?

-------

Jay Cutler, who was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes this spring, says his current weight is at 230.

He reported at 242 last offseason, was 235 when the season began, and down to 202 by Week 17. "I was just crushing food," Cutler says. "I was eating six meals a day – I’d eat a meal and like 30 minutes later I’d be ready to eat again. Yet I kept losing weight, and they were telling me it was the stress." Cutler should regain some zip on his throws now that he's been treated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-t...o&type=lgns

Edited by Randall

The Kansas City Star believes rookie Branden Albert will indeed line up at left tackle for the Chiefs this season.

Along the offensive line, only Brian Waters at left guard remains in the same place from last season. Damion McIntosh will move to right tackle while the team takes a leap of faith with Adrian Jones at right guard and Rudy Niswanger at center.

It's definitely gonna be a rough season for the Chiefs.