[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

something else to brighten the day

darin3

So... I usually wake up well before the butt-crack of dawn (4am ish) to travel 4 hours north to one of my client's projects every month. I was born/raised in Orange County, CA... where my parents still live... so when I'm out for work, I stay with them... and one of the days I'm out, I'm up at 4am to start my drive up to Santa Maria, a city some 69 miles north of Santa Barbara, where I went to school some 12+ years ago. I usually make the drive, missing LA traffic on the way up and back. But today, I woke up and said "f that", and went back to sleep. Instead, I did my San Diego inspections, had dinner with my folks, and drove up to Santa Barbara - my old stompin' grounds - and got a hotel, went out and got absolutely tooled, and here I am.

Soup was supposed to meet up with me and a few others tomorrow night, but he apparently can't read a calendar. I'm pumped to meet The Wolf. And Big Country (who's a frat brah of Wolf).

I'm gonna attempt to get up at 7ish tomorrow to fire up a Mystery Huddler. We'll see how that goes.

Anyhoo... I just thought it was funny that my old 'hood kicked me square in the patooty tonight, and I was home well before 1am. I'm old. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

So... I usually wake up well before the butt-crack of dawn (4am ish) to travel 4 hours north to one of my client's projects every month. I was born/raised in Orange County, CA... where my parents still live... so when I'm out for work, I stay with them... and one of the days I'm out, I'm up at 4am to start my drive up to Santa Maria, a city some 69 miles north of Santa Barbara, where I went to school some 12+ years ago. I usually make the drive, missing LA traffic on the way up and back. But today, I woke up and said "f that", and went back to sleep. Instead, I did my San Diego inspections, had dinner with my folks, and drove up to Santa Barbara - my old stompin' grounds - and got a hotel, went out and got absolutely tooled, and here I am.

Soup was supposed to meet up with me and a few others tomorrow night, but he apparently can't read a calendar. I'm pumped to meet The Wolf. And Big Country (who's a frat brah of Wolf).

I'm gonna attempt to get up at 7ish tomorrow to fire up a Mystery Huddler. We'll see how that goes.

Anyhoo... I just thought it was funny that my old 'hood kicked me square in the patooty tonight, and I was home well before 1am. I'm old. :D

:wacko: my Fun Meter maxes out just after 10:00

Next time your in San Diego, give me a hollar. I know a GREAT sports bar that serves the BEST freaken spaghetti on the planet.

Unfortunately my trips to San Diego are usually just for a few hours. I'm "based" in Orange County when I'm in California for monthly site visits, plus I'm usually up in northern SD County, not the city. What sports bar are you referring to? I'm pretty familiar with restaurants in the area.