[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 WSOP Fantasy Pool

Big Country

Big names that I recognized (out of the 189 that are left):

$1,981,000 Brandon Cantu

$1,516,000 Shawn Sheikhan

$1,373,000 Mark Vos

$1,367,000 Gus Hansen

$1,322,000 Victor Ramdin

$1,141,000 Allen Cunningham

$581,000 Phil Hellmuth

$458,000 Mike Matusow

$386,000 Chip Jett

$305,000 Hoyt Corkins

Jeremy Joseph is the chip leader at $2,187,000.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cunningham eliminated in 116th just a little while ago.

Hellmuth is chipping up a bit.

James mcManus, I am assuming the same one from Positively Fifth Street, has been in the top 5 most of the day. Quite the story from author/casual player to the run he had at the main Event that was the basis of Positively Fifth Street (which I highly reccomend to everyone. Not a poker strategy book, just a relly good book about his research on the Binion murder case and his run at the Main Event).

In my quick glance at the 79 remaining players, here are the big names that I saw:

$2,288,000 Brandon Cantu

$1,169,000 Mike Matusow

$795,000 Victor Ramdin

$721,000 Phil Hellmuth

$245,000 is the small stack ... $5,800,000 is the large stack (Mark Ketteringham)

Yesterday's opening chip leader (Jeremy Joseph) is at $3,100,000.

Cunningham eliminated in 116th just a little while ago.

Hellmuth is chipping up a bit.

James mcManus, I am assuming the same one from Positively Fifth Street, has been in the top 5 most of the day. Quite the story from author/casual player to the run he had at the main Event that was the basis of Positively Fifth Street (which I highly reccomend to everyone. Not a poker strategy book, just a relly good book about his research on the Binion murder case and his run at the Main Event).

Clicking on McManus's bio at wsop.com shows no previous cashes, fwiw.

Great book :wacko:

Clicking on McManus's bio at wsop.com shows no previous cashes, fwiw.

Looks like a different Jim McManus by the pics, unless he had Demi Moore's plastic surgeon take off about 20 years.

In my quick glance at the 79 remaining players, here are the big names that I saw:

$2,288,000 Brandon Cantu

$1,169,000 Mike Matusow

$795,000 Victor Ramdin

$721,000 Phil Hellmuth

$245,000 is the small stack ... $5,800,000 is the large stack (Mark Ketteringham)

Yesterday's opening chip leader (Jeremy Joseph) is at $3,100,000.

Kido Pham 1,600,000

Matt Matros 766,000

Thomas Keller 245,000

That's a different Jim McManus The author

Jim McManus

Must be different people. The person I was referring to is listed as Jim.

Your link and my link are the same guy (the author) You can tell by the WSOP ME finish in 2000.

The guy this year must be different, unless they haven't realized its the same guy.

Still waiting for that Matusow Meltdown...

Well that didn't take too long... :wacko:

Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:55:47

Mike Matusow Eliminated in 30th Place ($193,000)

And this one is gonna hurt for awhile. Paul Snead raised to 200,000 and Mike Matusow reraised to 660,000 from the big blind. Snead called, and they saw an AA5 flop. Both players checked, and when the 9 came on the turn Matusow bet 500,000. Snead moved all in, Matusow called, and that's when Mike learned that his AJ had been overtaken by Snead's A9. The K came on the river, and with that Mike Matusow's run in the Main Event came to an end.

Down to 14 players I've never heard of before, who have a combined 29 WSOP career cashes for a whopping total of $935,000.

This tourney ain't what it used to be, and it never will be again. This is why the 50K HORSE is the real World Championship.