[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm starting to think I'd rather see the Wings play the Avs than the Sharks

Foosball God

Either match-up will be a great series, once again showing how great playoff hockey is. Avs/Wings will add to the rivalry's history. Sharks/Wings will be a grind out, physical series... and getting revenge for the 94 playoffs.

:mad: F'n Irbe :mad:

I'd rather see the Red Wings play the Avs. Nobody on that Sharks team has been around for 8 years, there's no rivalry there. Beating the Avs is always a delight, beating the Sharks will feel like beating Vancouver or St. Louis, another hurdle that doesn't excite so much emotion.

Voltaire:

Beating the Avs is always a delight, beating the Sharks will feel like beating Vancouver or St. Louis

In a post-season context, use of the singular would be more appropriate here Voltaire- "Beating the Avalanche was a delight." (1997). wink

And on the thread topic, it's always a "wise thing" to hope to play the team that is 8-1 in the last 9 playoff games against you.

Foosball God:

chiefs:

And on the thread topic, it's always a "wise thing" to hope to play the team that is 8-1 in the last 9 playoff games against you.

I'm sure that will have a huge impact on this year's playoffs too. :DDidn't say it would have a "huge" impact. But if the Avs advance, it's the same core of Avs players that have dominated the Wings post-season in recent years, and won 3 of 4 series in previous 6 years. They're confident about getting the job done post-season against the Wings.

Even the year Detroit waxed us every game in the regular season, the Avs won the playoff series.

As much as it would be fun to start bashing Detroit now, I am going to hold my tongue until

we see what happens tonight.

Roy is letting alot of easy ones in (IMO) that

goal by Timeau should never have got by him. If

he is on tonight and we win, I think the series

will go to the Av's in game 7.

I am looking to see how the officials call this one. I have already predicted that the Av's will

get the benefit of every call tonight. The league

needs/loves a game 7--but as some of you have mentioned, a Detroit vs. Colorado matchup sure has more appeal and ratings for a league desperate

for an increased fan-base...

Wahhhhhhhhh. Someone is questioning the accompishment of a redwing cup this year.

Redwing asked me why I thought the Sharks would beat the Av's at home inthe last game. My response:

The Sharks have played well in CO this year. Both reg season games resulted in shutouts. So far we have split in Co in the playoffs. Nabokov still hasn't had a good game in this series, now is a great time to have one. We'll see.

It seems like that is how it went down........

For you to assume that because we have a very short history we have no knowledge or insight is shortsighted on your part. Maybe others outside the "Detroit circle of trust" see things differently.

I am not questioning that the Shark fans deserve

a title too. As a matter of fact, (and as a Colo

fan it is hard to admit and I will admit that I

was not at Sat's game), but I think the Shark fans

are louder and a little more crazy than the Colo fans.

BUT THAT BEING SAID--my point is that most hockey

fans want to see a Detroit/Colorado series simply

because of the history between the teams.

I will say it again--I really feel for you east-coast fans tonight. Game starts at 8:30 here. I have to ration out my beer so I am not drunk before the puck drops, I can't imagine what you all do.

Courtjester:

BUT THAT BEING SAID--my point is that most hockey

fans want to see a Detroit/Colorado series simply

because of the history between the teams.

I would agree with this. I have always like seeing rivals go at it, especially in a Conf championship. I couldn't even come close to throwing SJ in that "rival" category with either team. Yeah, I know det would like a little payback for an early round ousting in (I think) 94, but that's kind of an old story line. I don't see a lot of animosity between these teams.

Bier Meister:

Wahhhhhhhhh.  Someone is questioning the accompishment of a redwing cup this year. 

Redwing asked me why I thought the Sharks would beat the Av's at home inthe last game. My response:

The Sharks have played well in CO this year. Both reg season games resulted in shutouts. So far we have split in Co in the playoffs. Nabokov still hasn't had a good game in this series, now is a great time to have one. We'll see.

It seems like that is how it went down........

For you to assume that because we have a very short history  we have no knowledge or insight is shortsighted on your part.  Maybe others outside the "Detroit circle of trust" see things differently.

My comment of your "spew" has nothing to do with your prediction of the Sharks/Avs game. You made a good call there. But when you start posting about how Wings fans shouldn't be proud of their team, or that they are the "Yankees" of hockey then you're showing off nothing but your ignorance. thumbs_d

Well, someone commented that Sharks fans are stepping up at bit with hockey knowledge and you seemed to infer that it may be the case until you listen to me. I was illustrating that I, too, depsite not being from detroit, not only can follow the game, but can attempt to predict the outcome of future games. Not as successful this year as last though (3-5 in games 4 and 5). Say what you will, but Hull, Robitaille, and Chelios do not belong in a Redwing uniform. Getting Hasek from a bad situation in Buf is a little different IMO- but does it not look like the Yanks?

Bier Meister:

Well, someone commented that Sharks fans are stepping up at bit with hockey knowledge and you seemed to infer that it may be the case until you listen to me.  I was illustrating that I, too, depsite not being from detroit, not only can follow the game, but can attempt to predict the outcome of future games.  Not as successful this year as last though (3-5 in games 4 and 5).  Say what you will, but Hull, Robitaille, and Chelios do not belong in a Redwing uniform.  Getting Hasek from a bad situation in Buf is a little different IMO- but does it not look like the Yanks?

As posted before Chelios has been with the Wings for over 3 seasons now so he's hardly a new aquisition brought in with Hull and Robitaille to "buy" a championship. thumbs_d

Hey foos, if you want to talk yourself into the legitimacy of the cup go right ahead. Bottom line is it's tainted by these guys trying to get their ring via detroit. I have worked with much more dilusional people than you. Sit back in your chair, smoke your stoggie, put aside any thought of the possibility of mecenaries and enjoy.

Bier Meister:

Hey foos, if you want to talk yourself into the legitimacy of the cup go right ahead.  Bottom line is it's tainted by these guys trying to get their ring via detroit.  I have worked with much more dilusional people than you.  Sit back in your chair, smoke your stoggie, put aside any thought of the possibility of mecenaries and enjoy.

:D Go take your psycho babble somewhere else Bier.

If Detroit wins the cup it will in no way be tainted. People actually pay for your services? :confused:

Not psycho babble. On this you don't seem in touch with reality. Yes, people have paid for my services and were grateful for them. No longer in the profession, but not because I wasn't successful in the field.

It's not the occational FA role player, it's the gathering/collecting of Super-stars (who tend to be the best, or one of the best players on their teams). In this case we are talking about some of the best in the league

By your standards the Yankees are not the Yankees. I personally don't think it's good for sports. Championships lose credibilty when you stack the deck that way. Where is the challenge and competition?

I hate the Lakers, but at least they had the balls to draft Kobe and he has developed into an elite player. Not comparing wings to lakers here-keep your skirt on.

I'm willing to drop it, but you keep taking shots at me.

Edit: My only one at you was a half-hearted joke about your being uwilling to look at things outside of a redwing perspective.

Bier Meister:

It's not the occational FA role player, it's the gathering/collecting of Super-stars (who tend to be the best, or one of the best players on their teams). In this case we are talking about some of the best in the league.

By you're standards though half the teams out there would have "tainted" championships. Even your beloved Sharks by getting Selanne, Damphousse, Nolan, etc.