[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which military leader are you most like?

wiegie

Omar Bradley

Biography:

Born in Clark, Missouri, Omar Bradley was the son of a schoolteacher. He attended West Point and rose through the ranks in the period between World War I and World War II. Bradley reached the apex of his career in World War II and the years immediately following. Bradley succeeded George Patton as commander of the II Corps in 1943 and led it in the Tunisia and Sicily campaigns. He commanded the 1st Army in the Normandy landings on June 6, 1944. On August 1 he assumed command of the 12th Army Group, the largest field command in US history. After the war, he became head of the Veterans Administration. He then became army chief of staff, and in 1949 he became the first chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Leadership Attributes:

Personally, Bradley was self-effacing and quiet. He was often overshadowed by the more flamboyant Patton and MacArthur — which suited Bradley just fine. But he was innovative in his conception of war. He admired William Tecumseh Sherman, and thought he was a master of battle movements. In fact, he thought Sherman was more important than the commanders of battle units in World War I.

Based on your answers, your profile matches...

Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington!

Biography:

Known as the Iron Duke, the Duke of Wellington was an accomplished leader both politically and militarily. After attending military school, he was sent to India, where he defeated the Tipu Sultan and the Marathas. When the Portuguese rose against Napoleon, Wellesley was ordered to support them, and he won success in what became known as the Peninsular War. He invaded France days after Napoleon abdicated. However, when Napoleon escaped exile and rose again, Wellington and the Prussian field marshal Gebhard Leberecht Blücher defeated him at the famous battle of Waterloo. Consequently, he became Britain's greatest hero. He later leveraged his popularity on the battlefield to become Prime Minister.

Leadership Attributes:

Wellington was known as a cautious general and a careful planner. He paid great attention to detail, with outstanding results. He was as great a diplomat as warrior. After victory at Assaye in India, he personally negotiated the treaty

I am:

John Paul Jones

Biography:

Born John Paul, he added the name of Jones when he killed the leader of a mutinous crew in 1772. Jones was apprenticed at the age of 12 to a Scottish merchant sailor, and later worked on a slave ship. After the killing incident, Jones came to the colonies and joined the navy when war broke out with Britain. He performed admirably, seizing valuable supplies from British merchant ships. His most famous battle was in 1779, when Jones engaged the British frigate Serapis off Flamborough Head, Yorkshire. The Serapis was a superior ship, more nimble and with more firepower than Jones' Bonhomme Richard. A ferocious gun battle took place. When the enemy called for surrender, Jones answered with the immortal words, "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Leadership Attributes:

During the American revolution, Jones' mission by its very nature required initiative and working without plan. He sailed in a small group in the Atlantic looking for British merchant ships. A natural adventurer, he preferred to be where the action was. Personally, Jones was outgoing and brave in battle.

I am ruthless, don't F with me!

William Tecumseh Sherman!

Biography:

William Tecumseh Sherman was one of the most controversial and successful Union generals during the Civil War. He performed well at Shiloh, Vicksburg, and the siege of Chattanooga. He captured Atlanta in one of the Civil War's most decisive campaigns. He advocated the concept of "total war" — waging war not just on the enemy's forces but on the enemy's support network. In this, he was the first modern general. He demonstrated this in his famous "March to the Sea," where his troops cut a swath of destruction through Georgia.

Leadership Attributes:

Sherman was tenacious in battle, and served with Ulysses S Grant in his campaigns — including the siege of Vicksburg, where his tenacity payed off. Sherman led by initiative as much as by planning. During his "March to the Sea," he was cut off from supply lines and his troops lived off the land. Sherman was a soldier, not a diplomat. In fact, after the war, when his name was bandied about for a nomination, he said, "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."

Lord Horatio Nelson!

Biography:

Born to a poor family, Horatio Nelson was taken to sea by his uncle Captain Maurice Suckling, who would later become comptroller of the British Navy. From these humble beginnings, Nelson went on to become a military legend. He won a brilliant victory against the Spanish in the Battle of Cape St. Vincent. He gave the French a crushing defeat at the Battle of the Nile, which helped forestall Napoleon's ambitions. And he contributed to the victory of the Battle of Trafalgar, which kept Britain safe from future invasion by Napoleon's forces.

Leadership Attributes:

Lord Nelson was brave in battle, and believed in leading from the front. In the Battle of St. Vincent, he helped a fleet of 15 ships defeat a Spanish fleet of 27 ships. Despite his ship being seriously damaged, Nelson ordered the ship forward and personally led the boarders onto the ship, engaging in hand-to-hand combat. He then boarded a second ship later in the battle! Nelson also planned diligently and had a reputation for great intelligence. He had his sailors' and the nation's love, and was regarded as a national hero.

If this whole thing sucks, then I apologize. Somebody sent it to me and when it popped up that I was like Robert E. Lee, I thought I would post it here to get DMD to like me better.

I guess since I ended up as Sherman I am destined to remain to DMD as sticky dog sh*t is to a shoe.