[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for a PDA phone recommendation

Grits and Shins

I just bought the blackberry pearl last month, and its great. I had a curve before that, and I got tired of how bulky it was, it didnt have smart type, which is great once you learn how to use it, and I like the mouse/curser on the pearl, which my old curve didnt have. It had a up and function on the side of the phone.

If you get a blackberry, get a skin for it, and pay the $5 for insurance. I got a solid black skin, and it was $20, and it is money well spent. My buddy dropped his blackberry, and it is now worthless, and he didnt have insurance on it, so he was out $400 for a new phone.

Good info on the skin. I have a black one too.

A friend of mine was making fun of me because I bought one until he dropped his pearl and it cracked the whole side. He now swears by them. Karma's a bitch. :wacko:

I probably won't be a heavy user of web or email but will use some of both. Having never owned a smartphone I'm not sure. I will probably also use the GPS functionality for directions/maps. I am hopeful that I will be able to use it to track my calendar and if I can figure out how to sync it with my work (Outlook) calendar that would be great. Typically I only used the internet funtionality on the Razr to check football scores, sometimes weather.

Personally, I am a fan of the RIM Blackberry devices. They are very reliable and the RIM server rarely goes down. Once you get used to the RIM platform, you won't want anything else. The devices with Windows Mobile tend to have less of a learning curve because of the operating system but is not as reliable.

• 2 weeks later...
Posting from my curve

Good choice, Blitz. As I said before, I am a big fan of the Blackberry devices. I have used the majority of the PDA and Blackberry devices and the Blackberry is my favorite by far.