[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCain's VP Pick

CaP'N GRuNGe

Who Should McCain Pick as his VP?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One:

• Mitt Romney
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Charlie Crist
    • Bobby Jindal
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Ron Paul
    • Rudy Guliani
    • Mark Sanford
    • Sarah Palin
    • other (please note)

It would be pretty funny for McCain to explain putting a 36 year old on the ticket given his age and potential health issues, especially as he continually bashes Obama for being too young and inexperienced.

huh? :wacko: when has he ever "bashed" obama for being too young?

experience is obviously one of the most significant contrasts between himself and obama, so of course that's going to be a persistent theme. jindal is a governor though (obama was a state rep), and jindal was in congress for a longer period of time than obama's been a senator. so arguably, his experience stacks up reasonably well against obama's, though admittedly that is not saying much.

:wacko:

So...would this be good or bad for Louisiana? Would that mean Mitch would be our new Governor?

Here you go, direct response from my friend:

If Jindal is nominated that would make Mitch Landrieu our Lt. Gov...Gov BUT Mary Landrieu is up for relection and Jindal on the national ticket would spike repuiblican turnout in Louisiana to an all time high; which spells doom for Mitch's sister Mary. Mary landrieu is running for US Senate. The Republican party in louisiana would prob factionalize again after the election and centrist democrats might again rule the roost so it will be interesting. I am convinced that if offered he will run and say adios Louisiana.
Edited by twiley

huh? :wacko: when has he ever "bashed" obama for being too young?

experience is obviously one of the most significant contrasts between himself and obama, so of course that's going to be a persistent theme. jindal is a governor though (obama was a state rep), and jindal was in congress for a longer period of time than obama's been a senator. so arguably, his experience stacks up reasonably well against obama's, though admittedly that is not saying much.

Obama was a state senator for what 8 years.....and he has been a US Senator on the US Foreign Relations Committee for 4 years. Lets assume Jindal served 3 terms as a Congressman...I think this is correct. He has only served what....one year as a Governor. His experience is notably less....just my opinion.