[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

huddle poker players

dmarc117

we should get the best huddler poker player and back him in these tourneys. i'd be willing to put up some dough. have one of the resident lawyers write something up. it would be a blast watching our guy make it to the final table. and possibly be very profitable too!!! and maybe they could wear some huddle gear for some great advertising too!!!!

lets find the best huddler poker player!!!!

One thing I've wanted to do if I could ever get at least 10 guys to commit to it, is to have 10 guys put up $100 each every month. Each month they play a tourney, with points awarded based on finish.

At the end of 10 months there is 10K in the pot, and either the top point earner to that point goes to represent the group (all having a 10% share) or they could have an 11th tournament where the starting chip counts were based on the points earned throughout the year, say 1000 chips for each point earned (if doing say 10 points for 1st down to 1 point for last) and whomever won that tournament would represent the group, again with all holding a 10% share.

With this method, no single tourney would determine who represents the group (well, sort of with the latter method) so it would be a representative who played the best over the series of tournies.

One thing I've wanted to do if I could ever get at least 10 guys to commit to it, is to have 10 guys put up $100 each every month. Each month they play a tourney, with points awarded based on finish.

At the end of 10 months there is 10K in the pot, and either the top point earner to that point goes to represent the group (all having a 10% share) or they could have an 11th tournament where the starting chip counts were based on the points earned throughout the year, say 1000 chips for each point earned (if doing say 10 points for 1st down to 1 point for last) and whomever won that tournament would represent the group, again with all holding a 10% share.

With this method, no single tourney would determine who represents the group (well, sort of with the latter method) so it would be a representative who played the best over the series of tournies.

You, Sir, are a genius! I would be HONORED to try this.

Love this idea and I would love to participate - BUT we would need to figure out where/how to play. I wouldn't participate if it is moneymaker's software.

Love this idea and I would love to participate - BUT we would need to figure out where/how to play. I wouldn't participate if it is moneymaker's software.

If we were to do a Huddle version of this, I would strongly reccomend that anyone interested have/get a fulltilt account or pokerstars account. You can do private tournies for real small buyins there. Perhaps a Paypal of the cash upfront gets you the password to the monthly tourney which would be whatever the minimum buy in amount is for a provate tourney.

One other thing that I would not be oppossed to was to do this for a smaller amount for entry to one of the $1500 or $2500 events as well.

I've heard stories of people doing this before, with maybe a 110 buy-in, and the extra grand going toward airfare, hotel, etc.

A guy my sister works with is playing in the WSOP this year based on a 12 person field they have with this setup.

The local underground tables I go to have a weekly tourney and have talked about making it a collective thing where the winner gets a buy-in.

You could even stretch it down to a $25/week kind of thing and do it every Wednesday or something.