[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jefferson to the Bucks, Yi to the Nets

budlitebrad

Yi gets to play for a bigger market team and the Nets continue to clear up cap room for when they go after LBJ.

Hours before the NBA draft,the New Jersey Nets and Milwaukee Bucks completed a trade that may suit both team's long-term needs.

In a deal first reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein, New Jersey sends forward Richard Jefferson to Milwaukee for forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons. No draft picks are involved in the trade.

The swap creates an estimated $10-plus million in long-term savings for the Nets as they continue to re-shape their team after trading another mainstay -- point guard Jason Kidd -- to Dallas in February.

Edited by budlitebrad

First I've heard of this.

I know Jermaine Oneal to Toronto for Ford, the 17 pick and a few others is all but done.

I have heard a lot of rumblings of Baron Davis to Detroit for Sheed and Billups with other parts tossed in for salary reasons.

I'm very happy with the direction the Nets are headed in. 2 solid bigs in Josh Boone and now Lopez, Devin Harris at the PG, an aging but still effective Vince Carter at the 2/3. . .and plenty of cap room to get Jay Z's boy Lebron after next year.

This year will be a tough one, but as Red Auerbach said of drafting Larry Bird a year too early: "Do you realize how short a period of time one year is?"

I'm very happy with the direction the Nets are headed in. 2 solid bigs in Josh Boone and now Lopez, Devin Harris at the PG, an aging but still effective Vince Carter at the 2/3. . .and plenty of cap room to get Jay Z's boy Lebron after next year.

This year will be a tough one, but as Red Auerbach said of drafting Larry Bird a year too early: "Do you realize how short a period of time one year is?"

Talk about laying yer cards on the table they better land LBJ..........

I dunno - losing RJ is hugh IMO- Yi had shown he is nothing but a stiff so far.

If i was a NET fan I would rather have RJ than VC - who is on the downside.

Talk about laying yer cards on the table they better land LBJ..........

I dunno - losing RJ is hugh IMO- Yi had shown he is nothing but a stiff so far.

If i was a NET fan I would rather have RJ than VC - who is on the downside.

Yi and Bobby Simmons for RJ? Puulease. . . When you read the crawl on ESPN it should say:

Nets trade Richard Jefferson for CAP SPACE.

Yi and Bobby Simmons for RJ? Puulease. . . When you read the crawl on ESPN it should say:

Nets trade Richard Jefferson for CAP SPACE.

A pretty big risk to give away one of your best players and best young 3's in the NBA for next to NOTHING and hopping on the LBJ 2010 train.......

NJ should be in the mix for a high high lottery pick next year - though it looks like a weak draft

A pretty big risk to give away one of your best players and best young 3's in the NBA for next to NOTHING and hopping on the LBJ 2010 train.......

NJ should be in the mix for a high high lottery pick next year - though it looks like a weak draft

Word on the street is Jay Z and LBJ are BOYZ. Very tight.

:wacko: :fingerscrossed: :D

Oh, and the Nets weren't going to do crap this year even with RJ. . . . time to teardown and start from scratch anyway, regardless of LeBron's contract.