[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

free ppr leagues

i play a lot of ff, but only at yahoo b/c its easy and its what i know, but its always standard scoring for the public leagues. i ran a ppr league there last year and liked the different strategy, so i was wondering if any of the other sites out there offered free ppr public leagues (looking to join one, not run one this year). thanks

Edited by negativeyardage

If you spend a lot of your internet time managing your free teams, then you should probably consider a part of your ISP service charge as being for your FFL enjoyment. Thus, it would not really be free, and might lose some of its luster for you. If you slack off on company time to do your FFL (like many of us), then there's no ISP charge to account for, so these leagues are still in your sweet spot!

Of course your time has to be worth something.... :wacko:

I don't suppose you make any long distance calls to deftly complete free trades.....so no problem there.

Sorry, can't help you. Go to Google and type "Fantasy Football for the Truly Weak of Stomach" and hit "I feel lucky" button.

Geesh!

Even little old ladies pony up $0.25/card for Bingo.

If you spend a lot of your internet time managing your free teams, then you should probably consider a part of your ISP service charge as being for your FFL enjoyment. Thus, it would not really be free, and might lose some of its luster for you. If you slack off on company time to do your FFL (like many of us), then there's no ISP charge to account for, so these leagues are still in your sweet spot!

Of course your time has to be worth something.... :wacko:

I don't suppose you make any long distance calls to deftly complete free trades.....so no problem there.

Sorry, can't help you. Go to Google and type "Fantasy Football for the Truly Weak of Stomach" and hit "I feel lucky" button.

Geesh!

Even little old ladies pony up $0.25/card for Bingo.

I think what he is trying to say is.....Free leagues suck! :D

I never understood the point of being in a free league. It's like playing poker with play money. Nobody really cares if they win or lose b/c there is nothing on the line. Players stop submitting lineups if their team sucks b/c they won't lose anything. That even used to happen in our league until I changed the rule and now the high point scorer for the week gets $25 and you pay $5 for a loss. Maybe it's me but I can't get excited about winning in a free league so I don't play in them. Pony up some cash and see how much more fun you have. We started in 1994 at $50 per person. Now it is $200 a person and I want to up it again to $250 one of these years. We have a big trophy that the league champion gets his name on every year. We have draft boards and a timer. We play on MFL and pay for the MFL history. The reason this is possible is because we collect money and can pay for this out of the pot. It makes it more realistic and more fun.

I never understood the point of being in a free league. It's like playing poker with play money. Nobody really cares if they win or lose b/c there is nothing on the line. Players stop submitting lineups if their team sucks b/c they won't lose anything.

this is mostly only true with folks using the draft as a mock tool for their upcoming league or when you are in a public league and don't know anyone. I"m in several free leagues but they're made up of a group of folks I know or know from here...and there's no laying down in those leagues