[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone know anything about selling comic books?

I hear E-Bay is my best bet, but I have no idea where to begin as far as selling them is concerned. I just came across a big box of them in my closet, and need to put them all in sleeves. I have a lot of Green Lantern, Batman, Spiderman, and a ton of the Star Trek series. Has anyone gone this route, and if so, any pointers?

I hear E-Bay is my best bet, but I have no idea where to begin as far as selling them is concerned. I just came across a big box of them in my closet, and need to put them all in sleeves. I have a lot of Green Lantern, Batman, Spiderman, and a ton of the Star Trek series. Has anyone gone this route, and if so, any pointers?

I sold my comic books to go to debate camp.

Seriously.

Try to find a collector who will give close to book value. if you try to sell them to a retail shop they will fleece you.

A good way to figure approximate value is to see what similar or identical comics are going for on ebay. Look under comics in the collectibles category. Currently there are over 104,000 listings in the comics section. Selling on ebay is pretty easy. If you want to try and extract top dollar for each comic book then I think ebay would be your best bet. Lots of collectors buy there.

What you should do is first read the descriptions of other comic book sales on EBay to get an idea of what buyers are looking for in terms of information about the comic. You should also see what similiar comics are going for to get an idea of what price buyers are willing to pay. Make sure you are very descriptive about the condition of the comic books and mention any creases, rips, or anything of that nature. Some comic book buyers will bust a nut if you leave out something important.

If possible sell some of the comics in runs, especially if they aren't in amazing condition. It will make them more appealing to buy and will mask the downside of a single comic.

Hope that helps :wacko:

What you should do is first read the descriptions of other comic book sales on EBay to get an idea of what buyers are looking for in terms of information about the comic. You should also see what similiar comics are going for to get an idea of what price buyers are willing to pay. Make sure you are very descriptive about the condition of the comic books and mention any creases, rips, or anything of that nature. Some comic book buyers will bust a nut if you leave out something important.

If possible sell some of the comics in runs, especially if they aren't in amazing condition. It will make them more appealing to buy and will mask the downside of a single comic.

Hope that helps :wacko:

This is awsome advice, especially the part about disclosing any flaws. I sold vintage baseball/football cards on ebay for several years and the most important thing next to price was a honest description of the condition. Don't sell any mint or near miint ones with others in lessor condition as those will fetch top dollar on their own and may discourage some bidders only looking for quality. Grouping lessor quality is recommended but if you have a scarce issue of something, sometimes condition doesn't matter. Also don't skimp on your packaging, shipping can be brutal on collectibles.

I would like to find a way to get them appraised without paying to have them shipped off. Any suggestions?

If you have a shop locally they may be willing to help. Another option is is a comic book show, if it's a big one there's usually always someone who will look at them and give you a ballpark figure. It's probably going to cost you no matter how you do it to get a real number. Unless you have some valuable stuff it isn't going to be worth it. Just do some research on ebay and you should get a pretty good idea.