[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Elam--why did he sign with Atlanta?

badboy

Hi everybody!! I'm just curious why Jason Elam signed with Atlanta after all the years with Denver?? I'm sure he realizes the Falcons will not be a good team this year--did he sign with them just for the $$?? Is he a Atlanta native?? I'm just wondering why he didn't sign with a good team since most of the teams he was on in Denver were pretty good.

Thanks for the info!! That makes sense to me why he would sign in Atlanta. I hednt read anything yet this year about Elam. There seems to be a lot of bad teams--my 49ers included with Atlanta--but I see Denver better than KC and Oakland this year---but probably not good enough to overtake the Chargers.

I don't know if he's a native, but that's where he and his family call home.

Also, they offered more money. He was probably offended that Denver didn't care enough to even match the offer. I'm annoyed that they didn't try harder to keep him.

As far as ATL not being very good, well, Denver ain't that much better :wacko:

They may be good enough to move the ball to the 20. Elam kicking indoors for a change have have a good year.

They may be good enough to move the ball to the 20. Elam kicking indoors for a change have have a good year.

Not sure what you men by this. Even kicking outdoors in Denver he's been a consistent top 5 fantasy kicker over the last several years. That's a tough claim for a lot of kickers to make.

Wasn't it "only" $1.5mil more? That's not a lot for someone who's already got a lot of money. I think he left cuz Denver was too stupid and cheap and "disrespected" him by not doing the right thing?

Not only a FF dream, but a reality dream. He won several games last year with last second/OT kicks. He closed out the season with 15 straight, three of which were 40+yds.

And I don't remember him having a DUI, getting into bar fights or otherwise being a bad Denver citizen.

I'm still baffled by the decision to let him go.

1.5 mill more is alot more IMO. Weather is better in ATL.

Played HS football in Georgia. He's from the South, so it is a bit of a homecoming for him.

Oh yeah...that and the Falcons paid him a lot more than Denver would have!

Yep.

He's a Georgia native.

I guess at this point in his career, he'd rather be near home.

(And make a lot of money.) :wacko: