[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robbery at work

Mark5

Guess this might even be related to the crackhead thing but over the weekend somebody cut the fence at my work (Electric co.) and went shopping for copper. They walked all around close to 2 thousand pounds of copper (reels, hand coils and such) and alls we could find that was missing were some ground rods.. Now ground rods LOOK like they are solid copper but its just temper plated on the outside.. They even left their bolt cutters by the back door :wacko: ......... I guess IF they took something we haven't found missing yet the scrap yards call us when people bring in rolls of copper.

Guess this might even be related to the crackhead thing but over the weekend somebody cut the fence at my work (Electric co.) and went shopping for copper. They walked all around close to 2 thousand pounds of copper (reels, hand coils and such) and alls we could find that was missing were some ground rods.. Now ground rods LOOK like they are solid copper but its just temper plated on the outside.. They even left their bolt cutters by the back door :wacko: ......... I guess IF they took something we haven't found missing yet the scrap yards call us when people bring in rolls of copper.

Will local PD check for finger prints on the bolt cutters?

Believe it or not, people around here have been stealing brass valves off working oilfield units.

Where I work we have problems with people breaking into houses that are vacant and stealing the copper. Once when we had a duplex where one family had moved out but the other family was still living in the other unit someone went under the building and took the copper for both units. :wacko: