[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Homeless Plan To Vote

SEC=UGA

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about us renters Mr. Elitist? :wacko:

Nope, not under my plan... Now I could consider it if we also put in the exemption for net tax payers...

He won't completely exclude them. They can clean up afterwards.

Yeah, cuz I'm a chauvinistic racist... This has nothing to do with gender or race.

In my most esteemed opinion.... No.

Mainly because you can not verify in which precinct they are supposed to be legitimately voting. W/O an address I could very easily vote in 30 different places in Atlanta in one day.

I'd like to go back to the days when only property owners could vote... I would expand it to include military as well...

LOL....that would include a large amount of the homeless....you do know this...right?

:wacko:

So if I sell my home can I NOT pay any taxes of any kind because I'm not allowed to vote?

No you pay taxes, I'm certain at a lot lower rate than current, but you would definitely pay taxes... I would have men in brown trench coats with billy clubs collecting my taxes...

LOL....that would include a large amount of the homeless....you do know this...right?

yep. We'll have some laws to work around that where I can get them disenfranchised as well. I think that whole net tax payer thing would do it.

Do corporations get to vote under your plan oh wise one? I mean lots of corporations own property.

A corporation is not a human being, next question...

yep. We'll have some laws to work around that where I can get them disenfranchised as well. I think that whole net tax payer thing would do it.

Here is the problem....obama would get elected....then abolish the entire IRS and get rid of taxes altogether...then no one would vote and he would be a king.....sheesh.. :wacko:

We own multiple properties, can we vote multiple times?

Interesting concept, but, no. In that instance Ted Turner would decide who the President and Congress People would be, that is a world in which I'm not sure I could live.

Here is the problem....obama would get elected....then abolish the entire IRS and get rid of taxes altogether...then no one would vote and he would be a king.....sheesh.. :wacko:

The land owners could still vote. If Obama abolished the IRS, he would have my vote on that stance alone...

But what if you were inside of it at the time?

You would get shot before you could light it up. My trusty hound dog would spot you coming and alert me to your threat....

Can I vote twice if I order two pizzas?

No, no double voting, and you could only vote if they were delivered to your house, that you own, not to your box behind the Greyhound Station.

Tying voting to property ownership is a bad idea.

Tying the right to vote to OWING taxes is also a bad idea. However, tying the right to vote on merely FILING your prior year's tax return isn't a half-bad notion. It would encourage both better tax compliance and more active citizenship. It will never happen, but at least those two concepts have a closer logical nexus than voting and property ownership.

Tying voting to property ownership is a bad idea.

Tying the right to vote to OWING taxes is also a bad idea. However, tying the right to vote on merely FILING your prior year's tax return isn't a half-bad notion. It would encourage both better tax compliance and more active citizenship. It will never happen, but at least those two concepts have a closer logical nexus than voting and property ownership.

I fell for it too.....