[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Homeless Plan To Vote

SEC=UGA

Why ... if you have a mortgage you are not the property owner. If you don't believe me stop paying on your mortgage and see what happens.

you are correct, but, those striving to be property owners are okay in my book. Typically they will make much better decisions and a re more intelligent than the general populace who I am trying to keep from destroying this country.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: Listening to UGA dismiss people's arguments as stupid reminds me of when my step dad used to critique minor details in Charles Bronson flicks.

"No way he'd use that kind of ammo at that range!" Meanwhile, that fact that dude is destroying half of the city to save some old people from being terrorized by some two bit thugs doesn't seem remotely odd.

What about people that move around too much for their job? Doesn't make sense to own property.

F'em. Actually, I will work with them on a case by case basis. They establish a state of residency, show proof of employment outside of their state of residency, and declare a certain precinct within said state of residency, and they will be allowed to vote in that precinct in that state of residency.

:wacko: Listening to UGA dismiss people's arguments as stupid reminds me of when my step dad used to critique minor details in Charles Bronson flicks.

"No way he'd use that kind of ammo at that range!" Meanwhile, that fact that dude is destroying half of the city to save some old people from being terrorized by some two bit thugs doesn't seem remotely odd.

Shut up commie....

CHarles Bronson is a great American hero and denigrating him will get you disenfranchised...

The Supreme Court has ruled otherwise.

But since you are king here....you could just put forth an executive signing memo stating you don't care what they say!

Actually, if you read the article I posted, the court did not but a clerk inserted such languange and the court has relied on it incorrectly as precedent. Pretty interesting stuff. Read the article.

you are correct, but, those striving to be property owners are okay in my book. Typically they will make much better decisions and a re more intelligent than the general populace who I am trying to keep from destroying this country.

Current mortgage crisis gone completely over your head, then? :wacko:

F'em. Actually, I will work with them on a case by case basis. They establish a state of residency, show proof of employment outside of their state of residency, and declare a certain precinct within said state of residency, and they will be allowed to vote in that precinct in that state of residency.

Isn't this what the homeless are going to do?

Current mortgage crisis gone completely over your head, then? :wacko:

No, what about 3% of mortgages are in trouble? And I used the word "typically".

sure they are....they buy things....they pay sales tax.

Not federal income tax, on which the right to vote will be predicated, and I seriously doubt that even with the sales tax that the homeless are not net tax payers.

What if I own a lean to made from pizza boxes that I bought and paid taxes on?

You could live in the carved out carcass of an Orangutan for all I care, so long as you own the land under it and declare it as your primary residence and are a net tax payer, you can vote.

I rent, own no real property, yet pay property tax. May I vote, please?

Are you leasing the property from someone and in the said lease is a clause stipulating that you pay the property taxes, or are you saying that because you pay rent, essentially you are paying the property taxes as a portion of your rent will surely go to pay the owner's property taxes?

It's sitting on government land in a park which technically I own part of...

How do you technically own part of the government land?

are you saying that because you pay rent, essentially you are paying the property taxes as a portion of your rent will surely go to pay the owner's property taxes?

I am saying the above, and before you dismiss it as not being the same as paying property tax, you must explain how I was able to have the state send me a property tax rebate check.

He's a citizen and government land belongs to the people?

They used to try and arrest me when I was drunk in a federal park... I don't think they wanted me sleeping there either. And I definitely know that me telling them; "hey bro, technically I own this piece of land that I'm on", would have been followed by, "Dude, Hey, whatcha ya doin, Hey, Bro, don't tase me..."